Carnival Drops Tortola as Port of Call for 2014-2015

LauraS

That's a shame. We went to Tortola last month and took a boat over to The Baths at Virgin Gorda. It was amazing. Here are 36 pictures from this beautiful place. It was the best thing we did on any of our 20 cruises.

https://thebathsvirgingorda.shutterfly.com/pictures/8

Just click on the first picture to make it big and then click the arrow to get to the next.

What a shame, oh well, bye-bye Carnival. Tortola was on our bucket list, we wanted to either go over to the Baths in Virgin Gorda or over to Jost Van Dyke.

Looks like I'll have to concentrate on Royal Caribbean and Norwegian, as it looks like they haven't dropped Tortola from their itineraries.

well poop! :mad:

I was looking to book the Freedom next November mainly because of the stop in Tortola so we could catamaran over to my most favorite place in the world....Jost Van Dyke. booooo!!!!! GAH! Back to the drawing board I guess.

NCL has some great itineraries than include Tortola. This one is the one I'm doing in Feb of 2015 on The Pearl.

I loved Tortola the one time we were there and spent the day at the Soggy Dollar on Jost Van Dyke. It was such an amazing, relaxing day.

Day Port Arrive Depart

Mon Miami ---- 4:00 pm

Tue At Sea ---- ----

Wed At Sea ---- ----

Thu Tortola, British Virgin Islands 9:00 am 5:00 pm

Fri St. John's, Antigua 8:00 am 5:00 pm

Sat Fort-de France, Martinique 8:00 am 5:00 pm

Sun Basseterre, St. Kitts 8:00 am 5:00 pm

Mon St. Thomas, US Virgin Islands 8:00 am 5:00 pm

Tue At Sea ---- ----

Wed At Sea ---- ----

We just got a letter today, and San Juan will replace Tortola for our September 2014 Freedom Cruise. A little disappointed - but I've not been to San Juan yet - so it's okay. We sailed FROM San Juan once, but we flew in - got straight on the ship - and never really saw anything.

I'm also interested to see what they replace the sailings that already have SJ on the itinerary with.

Coincidentally, a year ago tomorrow I was in Jost after docking in Tortola

*heavy sigh*

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Forums mobile app

1382051888259.jpg.3afc240d24b69b7729af4a4f8b749bef.jpg

If you really want to experience the British Virgin Islands...and I mean the BVI, not just Tortola, Jost Van Dyke or the Baths on Virgin Gorda -- do a land-based vacation there.

We go every year - sometimes twice - and we charter and sail. But, if you're not the sailing type, they have fantastic villas and there is SO MUCH to see! Virgin Gorda is an EXCELLENT place to vacation - and you can get to some of the other islands via inter-island ferries. Same with Tortola.

LIKE!

Virgin Gorda is our favorite island in the caribbean. The people are so friendly and the island is extemely clean. If you go, you have to visit Mermaids restaurant. It is literally on a dock over the bay. Food is fantastic. We can't wait to go back.

We already had San Juan as a port and we're going to St. Thomas instead. They also changed our time in San Juan. I'm not thrilled about St. Thomas, but I've never been to any of the eastern ports so I'll find something to do.

I just love to cruise and while I am somewhat disappointed since we have never been to Tortola, I will still take my Liberty cruise in November and have a great time.

We sail as much for the ship as we do the ports......

Happy Sailing Everyone!!!

I hope they'll resolve either the scheduling conflicts or the pier rebuild so that CCL can port there in the future! We had a wonderful time there this past June on FREEDOM, and would hate to think it would not be available in the future...

We had a great time on the Breeze there in April as well.

Drat!! Booked next July on the Liberty mainly for this port! It's the only Caribbean port that Carnival sails to that I haven't visited. Not interested in doing San Juan AGAIN! UGH!

We're actually thinking of canceling our Sunshine Thanksgiving 2014 and are looking at NCL because we are looking to try some new ports. It seems Carnival is locked into the same itineraries/port we've done for years. We would like to see some new places. :(

when we were there in August the bus driver told us another cruise ship was not expected in Tortolla for another month! That is why the souviners seemed expensive to me. Kinda felt sorry for them. I was not super impressed with the place.

Got the same email last night for our Freedom 9/14 cruise :(

I'm pretty bummed about it. Tortola was the reason I booked the cruise and I'm not thrilled about the switch to San Juan. (I like San Juan but have already cruised there, was looking forward to something new) I'm thinking I will probably switch but not sure to what. Maybe something out of PC since air seems to be much cheaper than to MIA these days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

I am totally sick of Belize. Cozumel. Roatan. Costa Maya. I notice those cruises are almost always discounted.

I would love to go to Barbatos. St. Lucia. St. Kitts. Martinique again as The Legend once did. LOVELY cruise. 8 days.

the Panama Canal route. My DH and I went three times on the Freedom I would go again in a heartbeat.

Archived