Water temperature in December, too cold?

CruisingGatorGirl

My fiance and I were thinking about trying SUP (stand up paddle boarding) on our honeymoon this December while in Grand Cayman.

What will the water temperature be like? We are from Florida so we are accustomed to very warm water! We are babies when it comes to cold water :eek:

Thank you in Advance :D

I'm used to cold, snow etc. but last November, I found the water to be just a little cold. Specially when you are going in deeper water. I even needed to catch my breath when I entered the water to go on a snorkeling boattrip. So if you're prone to cold water, it might already be a tad too cold. You can train yourself however if you really want to go into the water.

Water near the beach, should be warmer and ok to swim in without too much trouble.

I'm used to cold, snow etc. but last November, I found the water to be just a little cold. Specially when you are going in deeper water. I even needed to catch my breath when I entered the water to go on a snorkeling boattrip. So if you're prone to cold water, it might already be a tad too cold. You can train yourself however if you really want to go into the water.

Water near the beach, should be warmer and ok to swim in without too much trouble.

Thank you!

Typically water temps in Cayman get down to about 77-78 in February, the coldest it gets all year.

The water temperature extremes lag the air temp extremes by a couple months. Warmest water is October (87 ish). Coldest water in Fed/March (77-78).

December should be somewhere between the extremes, probably about 81-82.

Archived