As soon as you get on the ship

kac13090

Rituals must be adhered to, lol. DH wears the same Hawaiian shirt every cruise for embarkation & I hit the Deli for a pastrami & corned beef sand. Finally platinum, it's nice to be able to drop off carry ons in the room before going to the Lido. Finding the first drink waiter on the Lido rounds out our 1st day must haves!:)

Every time we go on a new class of ship, we've decided we are going to do behind the fun. Day 1 should go something like this:

Head to excursion desk to get BTF.

Walk across lobby to get a nice refreshing beverage.

Go to our room on Deck 2 (COVE FTW!).

Drop off Carry ons, if luggage is there, unpack.

Go to Lido and get something to eat.

Order first of many buckets of beer.

Grab several cups of lemonade to mix with the stashed liquor in our checked bag (for the wife).

Ask room steward to fill our ice bucket so we can have our bottle of champagne chilling (when we finally enter the gulf after 7 hours and 14 minutes, we pop a bottle of champagne as we watch the last bit of land disappear out of sight).

force my way through the grey doors, get to my room, unload my rum runners off my body, unpack my 'good' tank tops and shorts for elegant night , grab a towel and go to the pool to put my towel on MY chair so I can have it the next day, Order the cheers program to share with my DW and then cut in front of everyone at the buffet cause I am hungry. :D

typical first day..

Oh my gosh just the laugh I needed tonight :D

This is my first Carnival Cruise, but I have a plan in mind.

First, a quick stop at a bar for a cold drink, probably a beer.

Then we will go to our rooms to drop of carry-ons, and check them out as we have FTTF.

I always carry disinfectant wipes along and the germaphobe in me requires I wipe down door knobs, phone and handles on drawers etc. in my room (Don't mock me!!) :eek:

Then we will head up to get Fish and Chips as I hear they are awesome, along with a cold beer and I will be all set until muster drill.

I am told not to purchase bubbles program for the kids until we leave port so that I won't be charges taxes, so I guess I may wait for that.

I also take my disinfectant wipes....more obvious on the air plane tho :)

This is what I do too! My daughter said to me on our last cruise, " I know, don't touch anything until your done, mom". I'm such a dork. :D

Off topic but both of the ol'mans boy's live in Newbury Park & all four of the Grandkids graduated from NP High. Vincent

Off topic but both of the ol'mans boy's live in Newbury Park & all four of the Grandkids graduated from NP High. Vincent

Such a small world, isn't it? Both my older kids graduated from NP and my daughter will be there next year.

We live right down the street from Kohls, where the old drive in used to be.

Drop off carry ons if possible

Grab a Miami Vice if I'm on Carnival or a Pina Colada if I'm on Princess

Lunch and people watch on the Lido deck

Explore the ship until muster adding more "something with rum in it" as needed:)

If the weather is cooperating, we drop off our stuff in our cabin, change into our swimwear and head for a pool. During our latest cruise on the Fascination, we were the first to board and I was pool side within 15 minutes and in the pool with a beer in my hand within 20 minutes.

It was interesting to see everyone else that was boarding after us because most were headed to the Lido and most were dragging all their stuff. You could tell the first timers by how much they were hauling. This was the first time I paid attention to this and I it was the first time I really realized how much of a benefit it is to have your room ready when you board.

I head off to explore and take pictures before everyone gets on board and I have people in my pictures. :D So we try to head to places that you usually won't find people in, like the theater and so on. Then we usually head up to the buffet to eat. By the time we are done with that it's time to check out our rooms.

Drop off carry ons if possible

Grab a Miami Vice if I'm on Carnival or a Pina Colada if I'm on Princess

Lunch and people watch on the Lido deck

Explore the ship until muster adding more "something with rum in it" as needed:)

Oooh that Miami Vice looks amazing! I think I will go for that too :D

Oooh that Miami Vice looks amazing! I think I will go for that too :D

Had a virgin Miami Vice. It was wonderful.

Copyofth_Carnival-VIFP-Platinum_zps41db4d4e1_zps02e438c7.jpg "I can see Carnival Miracle and Inspiration from my porch" (to paraphrase Tina Fey as S. Palin)

I still cruise for Warm Chocolate Melting Cake (with 2 sugar-free vanilla ice-creams!)

I go to my room to drop off carry on luggage, relax a few minutes on the balcony and then it is time to head to the muster drill. My version of FTTF

is to arrive around 3pm so there are no hour plus long lines to get aboard and my room is ready.

Doing the Breeze in December, out of Miami ...

Lucky to grab one of those FTTF. Hope to be on the ship by 11:30 am.

In chronological sequence:

(1) Purchase internet package, set up wi-fi for laptop and iphones.

(2) Set up my CPAP.

While doing (1) & (2), Mrs. goes get us our Miami Vice.

(3) Purchase the tumblers at Red Frog Bar if they are available.

(4) Check out Cloud 9, purchase weekly pass if facilities are reasonable.

(5) Check out buffet, if nothing too appealing, there is always the Reuben at the deli.

(6) Try another classic cocktail, buy a bucket of beer.

Life is good!

Archived