Potential cancelling of cruise

LoveThisCruisingThing

I am booked on a December cruise that may need to be cancelled. I have the Plantinum insurance and have paid in full. If I do have to cancel, what can I expect......I think I get a cruise credit for the cancelled cruise.....but will it be for the full amount? What is the latests I can cancel? Also this will not be for an emergency for a family member.

TIA

Grace

I am booked on a December cruise that may need to be cancelled. I have the Plantinum insurance and have paid in full. If I do have to cancel, what can I expect......I think I get a cruise credit for the cancelled cruise.....but will it be for the full amount? What is the latests I can cancel? Also this will not be for an emergency for a family member.

TIA

Grace

You can find out here. http://www.princess.com

Based on how I read it on the Princess Website, you would get 100 percent as a future cruise credit based on eligibility..

TIA

Grace

"Cancellation fees are based on the fare paid, excluding Government fees & taxes, transfers, surcharges, shore & land excursions and most pre-purchased gift(s) and/or special service(s)." Assuming you cancel prior to the start of the cruise, you should receive a cash (or credit card) refund for the Government fees and taxes and transfers.

For the cruise fare itself (not the extras), you may receive a portion back in cash (or credit card) based on when you cancel. If you cancel within 14 days, no refund. Between 28 and 15 days in advance, 25% refund. Between 56 and 29 days in advance, 50% refund.

If you have Princess Platinum Vacation Protection, you will receive 100% of the non-refundable fees as a credit toward a future Princess cruise.

The complete details on cancellation fees are in the Passage Contract at http://www.princess.com/legal/passage_contract_OLD/index.jsp.

Archived