Watercolor class - Jacqueline Petrie

bbappel

If you are offered the watercolor class by Jacqueline Petrie on your ship, I hope you will try it. I didn't see the listing so I missed the first class but when I discovered it, I didn't miss another class. Celebrity gives you the materials - admittedly the paints are not high quality and are frustrating for the teacher, but it is still fun. And the last day, our work was displayed for us to share with those traveling with us - and for anyone on the ship.

The abilities ranged widely so even if you have never thought of yourself as an artist, it is worth trying.

Beth

If you are offered the watercolor class by Jacqueline Petrie on your ship, I hope you will try it. I didn't see the listing so I missed the first class but when I discovered it, I didn't miss another class. Celebrity gives you the materials - admittedly the paints are not high quality and are frustrating for the teacher, but it is still fun. And the last day, our work was displayed for us to share with those traveling with us - and for anyone on the ship.

The abilities ranged widely so even if you have never thought of yourself as an artist, it is worth trying.

Beth

What ship was this on - we are going on the Reflection and I was wondering about the art classes. Is there a charge?

Suzi

I was on Eclipse out of Southampton. Ms. Petrie is British, so she is most likely to be on cruises leaving from Britain or Europe since she must pay her own air fare. This would include Transatlantics since she would pay only one way fare. I encouraged her to take the TA to FL on Eclipse, and just stay on all the cruises until she returned to England. That might be too many days on a cruise ship though.

Even if she isn't the teacher, I would still sample at least one art class if available. Ours were offered at 10:30 am so it was often a struggle to get there, what with liking to sleep in and having breakfast in the MDR on sea days, but it was worth the struggle.

Beth

I was on Eclipse out of Southampton. Ms. Petrie is British, so she is most likely to be on cruises leaving from Britain or Europe since she must pay her own air fare. This would include Transatlantics since she would pay only one way fare. I encouraged her to take the TA to FL on Eclipse, and just stay on all the cruises until she returned to England. That might be too many days on a cruise ship though.

Even if she isn't the teacher, I would still sample at least one art class if available. Ours were offered at 10:30 am so it was often a struggle to get there, what with liking to sleep in and having breakfast in the MDR on sea days, but it was worth the struggle.

Beth

The Reflection is also offering art classes; was there a charge for the class on the Eclipse? Or was it free?

Thanks

Suzi

I thoroughly enjoyed the Art classes which were free of charge on Infinity - the teacher was Giacomo (Jim) and the medium was watercolours. I had never tried watercolours and considered myself a failure in the school art classes. I had my eyes opened to a most relaxing hobby and now have my mini palate, brushes and papers on my packing list for my next cruise

The art classes on the Eclipse were free and so was the pack provided which included 3 good paintbrushes, watercolour paper, 6 watercolour paints and a mixing palelette.

I have been to all of the art classes when we have been on the Eclipse and Jacqueline was may favourite. She was an art teacher and her experience certainly shows.

Kathryn

I attended as many of the Art Studio classes as I could on both of my Silhouette cruises and thoroughly enjoyed each of them. I was really impressed with the caliber of the instructors.

You have to sign up as soon as possible, as the classes are really popular.

The art classes are one of my favourite things on Celebrity ships, and I wish they would offer more of them.

Archived