Elite and Aqua Class and Beverage Package?

CaribbeanBound

Not really. While the items served at the Elite function are covered by the Beverage Package the initial concept of the Elite benefit was an evening social hour or morning coffee break, where one could socialize with other Captain's Club members while enjoying a complimentary beverage. So while the beverages are more than covered by a beverage package the idea of a social gathering is not.

And of course the beverage packages offer a much larger selection anytime and at any dinning area, lounge or cafe on the ship.

I think it depends a bit on the cruise you are booked on. If the social hour in the afternoon is important to you, you'll go there and perhaps order a different kind of beverage because the Elite drinks menu is good, but limited.

We're Elite and chose AQ for our upcoming Transatlantic cruise. We got the Classic drinks package for free as a perk when we booked in January and of course didn't say "no" to that. But for that special cruise it might be worthwhile anyway because due to lots of Elites on board as usual on Transatlantic crossings the social hour as well as the breakfast hour will be crowded. So we plan on having a leisurely breakfast in Blu and then wander over to the Café al Bacio for a post-breakfast Capuccino, then wander over to the Sunset bar to (hopefully) sit in the sun and order some juice and either avoid the Sky Lounge in the afternoon altogether if it's too noisy and crowded and meet with cruise friends at another bar especially if the voucher system is introduced for this cruise as well.

But I don't think I'd PAY for an alcoholic package - personal choice because we just don't drink enough - we even don't use up the vouchers ...

Isn't there a lot of duplication if you have all 3? Obviously the Classic Beverage Package will get you a lot more drinks and more variety, but doesn't it totally negate your Elite beverages?

As you have stated there is certainly duplication depending on what you drink, where you drink, and when you drink. The bottled water in Aqua is a clear duplication. I always get the Premium package because it offers a much better selection and since you can pay the difference over $12 it really includes everything.

My DW and I really "value" the all inclusive experience. It started with our experience on the Celebrity Xpedition.

The bottom line is that there is duplication and if you look at the package strictly from an price perspective it becomes more difficult to justify IMO.

Archived