Have you ever been put on the wait-list for a particular cruise?

calliecat

We want to cruise out of San Juan in November but there are no balconies available at this time. I've checked with Princess twice and this last time they suggested I put my name on the wait list. I haven't yet, but I assume that if a cabin category becomes available that I don't want then I wouldn't have to take it. The final payment date is August 22 so I wouldn't have that long to wait to see if anyone cancels.

Has anyone ever done this and if you have, did you do it through your TA or did you do it with Princess? I guess I'm hesitant because I don't know the price of either a mini or balcony on this cruise and I would be sooooo disappointed if the price turned out to be more than I anticipated.

Yes I have been put on a waitlist for a sold out category, however the waitlist did clear and we had 48 hours to accept it...We didn't end up accepting it because the group space rate was no longer available and the pricing was ridiculous. You can have your TA waitlist this for you or Princess if you are dealing with them on your booking.

Remember you are not commmitted to the waitlist if it clears and you don't like the pricing you can turn down the waitlist.

Princess should be able to tell you what number you are on the waitlist. If you are #3, I think your chances are excellent that you will get the balcony around final payment time (if not before). If you are #500, your chances are probably slim.

On a cruise I was interested in Princess told me balconies were sold out but they could put me on a waiting list. I called my travel agent and she got me one. Princess had a special going and their price was a little less but after my TA gave us the ship board credit and other stuff it was better than Princess.

We were number 1 on the waitlist for a Balcony on our March cruise, we never made it, but that was Easter week a very busy time. Like you I worried that it would be pricey, but you can just wait and see if you clear the list and if the price fits your needs, you can cross that bridge when you get to it. Either way enjoy your cruise. Good Luck. Teri

Archived