Got "The Call" today.....

kruisecat

We got the call yesterday evening- we thought about it for a few minutes, looked at the going rate, and decided well worth it. Was able to call her back quickly. Plus we were able to get our parents moved from the 7th floor to across from us on the 9th floor as the were across from us in our original cabin.

Excellent...thank you very much! Hope you enjoy your cruise. We are on the 9th floor too :D

Well I got a call to go from an ocean view suite to the captains suite on the Liberty on Nov. 9th.....I got what I considered to be a great deal, so to each his own. For the first time in our lives we are in a position that we can afford the luxury of purchasing it. And the fact that we have two 8y olds going, and my parents across the hall makes it even more appealing. And t add to that celebrating my 40th birthday :).

Since it is just the 2 of us extra space is really not an issue since we are already in an extended balcony...but given the number of people you have in your party the extra space is well worth it and when you average out the upgrade costs it makes more sense too...glad you got what you wanted :D

Totally agree! If just us it would have been a no brainer-we usually just get a regular balcony and are quite happy with that. But now traveling with 2 budding cruisers it gets a bit tight, so we booked a regular suite. As for the captains suite, it will definitely be a one time thing..lol

Ok I have to say I did bite. My call was for Fantasy Nov 14th 5 night to Bahamas. We went from ocean view to Grand Suite for $580. There are 4 of us so the extra room will be worth it in our opinion. Plus we now have a balcony!

So, you went from an inside or oceanview to a grand suite for 4? $580 doesn't seem that bad there. But from an extended balcony to a grand suite for a grand seems ridiculous.

Totally agree! If just us it would have been a no brainer-we usually just get a regular balcony and are quite happy with that. But now traveling with 2 budding cruisers it gets a bit tight, so we booked a regular suite. As for the captains suite, it will definitely be a one time thing..lol

and make sure you enjoy every minute of it :D

Do people really take these upgrades?? What a crock.. If we wanted to pay an additional $1000 give or take, wouldn't we have booked it to begin with? Offer a deal and someone might bite..:rolleyes:

Agreed!

Three of us booked booked an inside on the Valor in 2010 and they emailed and asked if we wanted an ocean view for $70 more (total for all 3 people). Of course we took it. That's only $23.33 pp for the 7 days! Haven't had an upgrade offer since, but I see the figures people are posting on here recently and I wouldn't go for those upgrade prices either. Not much of a deal IMHO.

Ok I have to say I did bite. My call was for Fantasy Nov 14th 5 night to Bahamas. We went from ocean view to Grand Suite for $580. There are 4 of us so the extra room will be worth it in our opinion. Plus we now have a balcony!

$580 for 4 people, not a bad deal at all!!

This is along the same thread....where can you access what inventory is still available on a certain cruise???

TY

you can do a mock booking. I actually did that a little bit ago and out of the 4 that were available when she called me this morning...3 are still available so clearly the $1k was not a hit :p

That was an awesome deal! :D

Archived