Got "The Call" today.....

kruisecat

and for the low, low additional cost of ONLY $1000 more :eek:...we can upgrade from an extended balcony to a grand suite on our 11/10 Legend cruise....needless to say I did not accept the offer as that money will cover EVERYTHING else on the cruise and then some....but it's always nice to be asked :D

and for the low, low additional cost of ONLY $1000 more :eek:...we can upgrade from an extended balcony to a grand suite on our 11/10 Legend cruise....needless to say I did not accept the offer as that money will cover EVERYTHING else on the cruise and then some....but it's always nice to be asked :D

LOL. That could cover the bar tab for many a cruiser....

LOL. That could cover the bar tab for many a cruiser....

I know right? That will cover, tips, excursions, spending $$, onboard account and everything I need to get/do prior to getting on the ship...but it was a $1500 discount :eek: :D

OMG! Had the SAME exact phone call except dollar figures were a bit different. $1,300 upgrade for us. I checked out our cruise last night looking for lower fares and it looks like lots of room available. BTW, loved our cruise on the Legend two years ago. Sails right by us about four miles to our south as you head out to sea. Enjoy!

Do people really take these upgrades?? What a crock.. If we wanted to pay an additional $1000 give or take, wouldn't we have booked it to begin with? Offer a deal and someone might bite..:rolleyes:

The irony is that if were to upgrade myself it would be $2500 more so I guess they see it as a deal...me? Not so much LOL

Ok I have to say I did bite. My call was for Fantasy Nov 14th 5 night to Bahamas. We went from ocean view to Grand Suite for $580. There are 4 of us so the extra room will be worth it in our opinion. Plus we now have a balcony!

OP, good choice!

OMG! Had the SAME exact phone call except dollar figures were a bit different. $1,300 upgrade for us. I checked out our cruise last night looking for lower fares and it looks like lots of room available. BTW, loved our cruise on the Legend two years ago. Sails right by us about four miles to our south as you head out to sea. Enjoy!

Off topic--I'll wave to you as I head out on Saturday on Legend!!

Do you know who owns that big house as you leave the port canal near the little lighthouse?

Off topic--I'll wave to you as I head out on Saturday on Legend!!

Do you know who owns that big house as you leave the port canal near the little lighthouse?

Funny. Before we did our cruise two years ago, we used to drive down to Ft. Desoto which is the closed point to land that the ship will pass & used to wave & whistle at everyone on board that was seeing the last bit of land before heading out into the Gulf. Kept saying that it would be us in a few weeks time!

You have me stumped about the big house on the port side. As the ship heads out to sea there, Fort Desoto is on the starboard side with Egmont Key on your left which is another park only accessible by boat. The remains of the fort have been sinking into the sea for years although several of the buildings are still standing. Could you be seeing a part of that?? Rangers used to be stationed out there but, with budget cuts, who knows how well-manned it is these days. We generally take our boat a bit further north (Shell Key) or further south just before the opening to Sarasota Bay by the south end of Anna Maria.

We got a call for an upgrade to a suite a couple of years ago, but ended up turning it down as well. I don't remember the details but in our minds, it wasn't worth it. We've always chosen a balcony, and if anything we may start considering an ocean-view or interior in the future.

I got that same call yesterday on our 5 day ecstasy this weekned to go from an OV to a GS for only $400 more. It was quite a discount over me booking it on my own but we just didn't see the need to double our cabin costs. I actually offered $200 but they weren't negotiating, lol. The good part is we got a balcony room a few doors down from our original cabin for only $100 more. That seemed reasonable enough.

Wow, I can't believe they even tried an upsale for $1000. I hope you enjoy your extended balcony and have a fabulous cruise.

The funniest part to me was when she said "...deeply discounted rate of only $1000" :eek: as if ONLY $1000 was in everyone's budget! But I give them credit for trying....there were 4 available at midnight and at last check they had already gotten 1 sold so someone is buying ;)

Well I got a call to go from an ocean view suite to the captains suite on the Liberty on Nov. 9th.....I got what I considered to be a great deal, so to each his own. For the first time in our lives we are in a position that we can afford the luxury of purchasing it. And the fact that we have two 8y olds going, and my parents across the hall makes it even more appealing. And t add to that celebrating my 40th birthday :).

Wow! Carnival is getting very optimistic.

Well I got a call to go from an ocean view suite to the captains suite on the Liberty on Nov. 9th.....I got what I considered to be a great deal, so to each his own. For the first time in our lives we are in a position that we can afford the luxury of purchasing it. And the fact that we have two 8y olds going, and my parents across the hall makes it even more appealing. And t add to that celebrating my 40th birthday :).

Congrats on the upgrade! We are on the same cruise, may I ask when you received the call?

We got the call yesterday evening- we thought about it for a few minutes, looked at the going rate, and decided well worth it. Was able to call her back quickly. Plus we were able to get our parents moved from the 7th floor to across from us on the 9th floor as the were across from us in our original cabin.

Archived