Transfering NCL Cruise Reward Deposit

cssc123

When we were on the Sun we bought 2 Cruise rewards deposits. We determined we were going to cruise with NCL again (it was our first NCL cruise and first cruise for me since I was 7 years old). We bought the second one for a family member who goes on cruises often but never bought the Cruise Rewards themselves so we bought one for them to save them 100 on their next cruise.

When I look at the letter that we received in our room (we got two letters that both say that we have 1 Cruise Reward Deposit) it gives a number to call to transfer or book. I call that number and listen to the prompts and when I go to the one to transfer it just drops me in a voice mail.

I left a voice mail with my latitudes number and info and my family member's name and lat. number and left my number to be called back to confirm.

I haven't heard anything back - is that usual? Do they usually call back to confirm or does it just happen? They were going to go book this weekend for a cruise in Jan and I want to make sure that it went through for them.

Any info on anyone who has transferred one before?

Yes, I have transferred a cruise reward. In 2012 DH and I cruised on the Sky and bought two cruise rewards one for us and one for his ex-wife as we were planning a joint cruise and wanted to save everyone. After DH and I returned with the cruise rewards I called a PCC and gave her the rewards numbers and my latitudes number. I told her that I was using one of the rewards and that I wanted to transfer the second reward to XXXXXXX the PCC recorded that information verified the reward and then booked DH and my cabin. DH's ex-wife called the same PCC booked her cabin. Our reservations are linked so that the system and ship know that we are traveling together.

My sister transferred her cruise reward to my booking just recently. We both got on the phone with ncl to do so. (probably overkill)

Since it was about 10:30pm EST, the agent made my reservation and added a note to use my sisters reward cert to cover the remaining balance of $250. She also called and left that department a voicemail. That was on a Tuesday night.

I kept calking back to ensure it was properly transferred so that we could apply it to my reservation (they told me to keep calling) it finally transferred on Friday midday. So I believe it takes approx 24-72 hours to transfer.

As suggested however, I would call the main number and speak to someone.

So you can only buy 4 of these and can only use 1 per future cruise ? So if my wife and I buy one each on our next cruise we get a immediate $200 OBC and can use 1 per cruise we take over the next 4 years ?

IMO if you book a suite you should be able to use 2 of them - that would at least cover the deposit

Thanks to the advice here I called the main line and talked to someone. They showed the 2 that we bought still on my Lat's account and confirmed I wanted to only give 1 of them away and not the second.

She took all the info and put me on hold for a bit and came back and said she submitted a request. Good thing I asked because otherwise I'm sure they would have gone to book and nothing. I'll probably call back again Friday just to confirm it went through just before my family member calls to book her cruise.

Thanks everyone!

So you can only buy 4 of these and can only use 1 per future cruise ? So if my wife and I buy one each on our next cruise we get a immediate $200 OBC and can use 1 per cruise we take over the next 4 years ?

IMO if you book a suite you should be able to use 2 of them - that would at least cover the deposit

You are allowed to buy 4 per person according to the terms and conditions on NCL's website. How many to buy depends on your plans, we are going to buy 2 maybe 3 on our next cruise. Still working out the details on who is going on which cruises when.

A single certificate will cover the deposit on a suite (GV excluded).

I just used one to book our current cruise.

Weird I just booked one 2 weeks ago and the deposit was $500 for PH Suite ?

It depends we are in an S6 & S4 on the Breakaway and we had to give an additional 1750 each

Weird I just booked one 2 weeks ago and the deposit was $500 for PH Suite ?

Our deposit was also $500, but with the certificate it shows $250 paid and the proper balance due. You only get $250, but you don't have to pay the other $250 until final payment.

Our deposit was also $500, but with the certificate it shows $250 paid and the proper balance due. You only get $250, but you don't have to pay the other $250 until final payment.

Suites with the S and a # (ie S1, S4, S6) have to pay more than just the Freestyle Cruise Reward for their deposit. Only suites with 2 letters, (ie SC, SE, S4) can use the FCR for the total deposit.

Suites with the S and a # (ie S1, S4, S6) have to pay more than just the Freestyle Cruise Reward for their deposit. Only suites with 2 letters, (ie SC, SE, S4) can use the FCR for the total deposit.

The booking rules just changed all suites S and a letter or number have a deposit of $250 per person. We held our SA suite on the dawn with only a cruise rewards. When I called to consider switching cabins 3 weeks before final payment we would lose our cruise reward, pay a fee and lose our on board credit plus have to pay the $250 per person deposit. The cruise reward if you are booking a suite should be considered more of a voucher for $250 off the cruise cost. A mini suite or below can be held with the certificate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

The booking rules just changed all suites S and a letter or number have a deposit of $250 per person. We held our SA suite on the dawn with only a cruise rewards. When I called to consider switching cabins 3 weeks before final payment we would lose our cruise reward, pay a fee and lose our on board credit plus have to pay the $250 per person deposit. The cruise reward if you are booking a suite should be considered more of a voucher for $250 off the cruise cost. A mini suite or below can be held with the certificate.

We paid a total of $1500.00 deposit on our S6 for two people. ($250 FCR + $1250.00 on CC) I doubt they are dropping the deposit for two people from $1500. to $500.

We paid a total of $1500.00 deposit on our S6 for two people. ($250 FCR + $1250.00 on CC) I doubt they are dropping the deposit for two people from $1500. to $500.

Thank you for the clarification! We booked 6 in a suite so for us it was $250 a person. Makes sense that it is $1500 for the suite but when talking to us they did deposit per person.

Did this just happen? In March we booked a PH on the Gem for 6 of us. Our one Cruise rewards, and no other money, held the cabin until final payment was due in August.

According to my PCC, yes this just happened. That there are now new booking rules which require suites to be held with full deposit.

Archived