Oasis of the Seas Photo Review ~ October 12, 2013

Cupcrazy

This was the first of 2 Formal nights. For an appetizer I had scallops au gratin. I started eating it before I took this picture. That's why the presentation looks a little off.

IMG_0863_zpsa8e0f40a.jpg

My entrée was roasted duck.

IMG_0865_zps73cfb6c0.jpg

After dinner we went back to the room to change into something a little more comfortable and this guy was waiting for us.

IMG_0866_zpsef99f78a.jpg

We had reservations to the 8:45pm showing of Oasis of Dreams. The show was very good. It really reminded me of Cirque du Soleil's 'O' in Vegas.

IMG_0868_zps325da4ff.jpg

IMG_0867_zps197570d1.jpg

Before the performance they show bios of the cast members. There were a couple divers and synchronized swimmers who have been to the Olympics and world championships

IMG_0869_zps6699a5a4.jpg

IMG_0870_zps35770599.jpg

After the show we decided to take a ride on the Carrousel.

IMG_0873_zps978388e1.jpg

IMG_0874_zps14629ac1.jpg

IMG_0875_zps160eca53.jpg

There are these Small Wonders all over the ship. When you look inside there are pictures. There are 2 different types of these. Ones that look like binoculars and ones that look like a telescope standing up. Try to find all of them spread out around the ship.

IMG_1518_zpsd7425b15.jpg

I wanted to do the zip line but didn't book it ahead of time because nobody in my group wanted to do it with me. A couple guys from our roll call were planning on doing it so I said I'd meet them there and we'd all go together. I was able to sign up for the 11:30am 'tour' as there was 1 more sport. After signing the waiver the girl at the desk asked how much I weigh. I said 240lbs knowing that was lie as the weight limit is 250lbs. She then asked me to step on the scale. I knew that wasn't going to be good. I tried to keep 1 hand on the desk for some leverage but she was too smart and saw that. I ended up weighing in at 254lbs. Because of this, I was unable to ride the zip line. She said even if you're .1lbs over they won't allow you because of insurance reasons. Maybe next time...

IMG_0918_zps547cdac2.jpg

IMG_0913_zpsb55b9e0a.jpg

Tram station. This tram will take you around to the different beaches.

IMG_0908_zps5af34441.jpg

IMG_0911_zps50fb80f1.jpg

There are huts around where you can buy goggles, scuba gear etc.. You can also rent floating mats which we did. I believe they are $12. When we were in the water Alana was on the mat and slipped off. Her goggles fell out of her hand and sunk to the bottom and none of us could find them. If you find a fish wearing goggles in Labadee you'll know who's they are.

IMG_0907_zps2b021333.jpg

Barefoot Beach. Private beach for Gold Sea Pass holders & Over the Water Cabana rentals.

IMG_0909_zps32abbe75.jpg

Lunch time! RCI sets up a free buffet by the beach. There were salads, chicken, burgers, hot dogs, ribs, corn, fruit, desserts and probably more that I can't remember.

IMG_0914_zps37ae751d.jpg

IMG_0920_zps8557b3bd.jpg

IMG_0915_zpsd412cbe7.jpg

IMG_0917_zps7616cd2e.jpg

These guys were playing music and trying to sell their little instruments.

IMG_0916_zps0dd7bae2.jpg

IMG_0922_zps551d4757.jpg

Edited by Cupcrazy

Nate, I'm still bit confused about the whole private beach for Gold card holders and the over the water cabanas....if you are lucky enough to rent one of the cabanas which are in the private beach area for Gold card holders (and you're not staying in a suite), do you get to go to the picnic in the private beach area which is obviously less crowded??

Nate, I'm still bit confused about the whole private beach for Gold card holders and the over the water cabanas....if you are lucky enough to rent one of the cabanas which are in the private beach area for Gold card holders (and you're not staying in a suite), do you get to go to the picnic in the private beach area which is obviously less crowded??

Not trying to hijack the thread, but the answer depends. If you rent a cabana on Barefoot Beach or are Pinnacle/suite guest (i.e., gold card), then yes. If you rented your Nellie's Beach cabana before 10/4/13, then yes. Otherwise, no. Apparently, the Barefoot Beach cabanas are open first to suite guests and then to the general population on a first-come, first-served basis through the concierge.

Don't feel bad about missing the zip line. My boys and I did it and it ended up taking most of the port time with all the lessons, etc... so we missed out on a lot of other stuff for the sake of perhaps a minute or less of zip-lining.

Not trying to hijack the thread, but the answer depends. If you rent a cabana on Barefoot Beach or are Pinnacle/suite guest (i.e., gold card), then yes. If you rented your Nellie's Beach cabana before 10/4/13, then yes. Otherwise, no. Apparently, the Barefoot Beach cabanas are open first to suite guests and then to the general population on a first-come, first-served basis through the concierge.

Thanks for the answer. I've ready so many different things about this beach. It's a secret area that you only know about if you're on the inside.

438 Days and counting. Looking forward to your next posting.

Now that's one big countdown. Hopefully the days leading up to your trip will go by quickly

Don't feel bad about missing the zip line. My boys and I did it and it ended up taking most of the port time with all the lessons' date=' etc... so we missed out on a lot of other stuff for the sake of perhaps a minute or less of zip-lining.[/quote']

Thanks! One thing that came out of it is I'm back at the gym. Gotta work off the buffets and roast beef sandwiches.