Oasis of the Seas Photo Review ~ October 12, 2013

Cupcrazy

Nate, is the private beach for upper tier Crown & Anchor or just for suite passengers? And if it is for upper tier, what tier is it? Diamond Plus?? What about the cabanas? Same? Thanks?

Good Question. I saw a sign that said you must have a gold card in order to enter the private beach (Nellie's Beach). Until 10 minutes ago I assumed if you're one of the upper tiers in the C&A you had a gold coloured sea pass card. I just looked around and gold cards are for people staying in suites. So I guess if you're in the upper tier you can't get in to the private beach. That seems a little weird to me.

You can also gain access if you book an over the water cabana because they are located on that beach. The OTW cabana give access to up to 6 people and its ok if none of them have gold cards.

Edited by Cupcrazy

At 2:30 in the Aqua Theatre was the World's Sexiest Man Contest. I went to watch because Gary from the Skillet 6 in our Roll Call was going to enter. Little did I know That Kenny would nominate me to enter as well. Damn me and always wearing my tuxedo t shirt on the day of the first formal night.

IMG_0817_zps9079da35.jpg

IMG_0818_zps91ab7c86.jpg

When they were first taking volunteers there wasn't much of a crowd. It eventually grew to a packed house.

IMG_0819_zps8852b372.jpg

IMG_0820_zpsa479adc5.jpg

IMG_0821_zpsa789b3d5.jpg

Good Question. I saw a sign that said you must have a gold card in order to enter the private beach (Nellie's Beach). Until 10 minutes ago I assumed if you're one of the upper tiers in the C&A you had a gold coloured sea pass card. I just looked around and gold cards are for people staying in suites. So I guess if you're in the upper tier you can't get in to the private beach. That seems a little weird to me.

You can also gain access if you book an over the water cabana because they are located on that beach. The OTW cabana give access to up to 6 people and its ok if none of them have gold cards.

Good info. I thought you had to be in a suite to even book one of those!! Next time I'll be trying to book one!!

Me getting ready to do my thang. It wasn't very good so I won't show any pictures of my "moves". Nobody needs to see that. I feel sorry for the people who did see. At least I didn't finish in last. 6th out of 8. Wooohooo!!

IMG_0824_zps65eb0e3c.jpg

Not me...

IMG_0830_zps9fe9f884.jpg

IMG_0831_zpsd8d2a9f4.jpg

IMG_0832_zps6aaa7a50.jpg

Gary! Gary! Gary! Gary! Gary! Gary! Gary! Gary!

IMG_0833_zpsdab46b10.jpg

IMG_0834_zps85c58dd9.jpg

TAKE IT OFF!!!!

IMG_0835_zps35fed003.jpg

Gary ended up winning first place. There wasn't much doubt to this one.

IMG_0839_zps6a142970.jpg

Is that Rob Ford or Gary?

IMG_0841_zps5ec140c3.jpg

The Skillet Six (Thanks for the pic Anna)

10414067263_cf14485251_z.jpg

My consolation prize

IMG_0844_zps60fcecc0.jpg

Edited by Cupcrazy

Good info. I thought you had to be in a suite to even book one of those!! Next time I'll be trying to book one!!

Anyone can book the cabanas. We tried, but they were all sold out.

You were such a great sport!!

I don't think I had much of a choice in the matter, haha

Edited by Cupcrazy

Hey Nate, I have to say reading your review/post brings back such great memories of a great week. I really like others have been enjoying it. I do want to give you your props for paying homage to the "Skillet Six" we miss you brother. Go Heat.

When I got back to the pool deck there was volleyball going on in the Sports Pool. Volleyball was played almost every day at 3pm. I think I played 3 or 4 times. There is a net to stop balls from going over the railing and falling into Central Park. I was hoping, because it would have been funny, to see a ball go over the net at some point during the week. To my dismay the net worked as it was intended and the ball never went over.

IMG_0842_zpsba6daaad.jpg

IMG_0843_zps168211c4.jpg

IMG_0845_zpsec59b6ab.jpg

I went to check out the Flowriders. Because there was so much to do on the ship I never made enough time to try the flowrider. I'll make sure to try it out on the Allure next year. Then you can all see me wipeout. Boogie boarding is always on the starboard side while stand up surfing is always on the port side.

IMG_0846_zpsd72125df.jpg

IMG_0850_zps03b8ac1c.jpg

IMG_0851_zps08561673.jpg

Is that Rob Ford?

IMG_0841_zps5ec140c3.jpg

10414067263_cf14485251_z.jpg

I get your joke. He does look like Mayor Ford doesn't he. Maybe it was the mayor, after all I see a bottle in your second photo and didn't your cruise stop in Jamaica?:p

Congrats for competing as I would never do it. Loving your review.

Andrew

IMG_0808_zpsb7a392b0.jpg

We woke up and went to Windjammer for breakfast. Sorry no pictures.

Aaron & I went down to Chops Grille to change our reservation. It was pretty booked up already, but they were able to accommodate our change. If you want to book a specialty restaurant, my suggestion is, you should either reserve it before embarking or do it right when you step on board.

More pictures from around the ship as we walked to Chops.

IMG_0791_zps543b0869.jpg

IMG_0811_zpse92806f7.jpg

They say you're not allowed to smoke on your cabin balcony. Judy talked to her room steward (different than mine) who said she would bring an ashtray. She brought Judy this ashtray and said you can smoke on your balcony as long as you don't throw the cigarette into the sea.

IMG_0793_zps391013c3.jpg

You can smoke on the balconies until 12/31/2013...after that, their new policy of no smoking on balconies starts!

Hi, I was wondering if Ice Tea is part of the soda package? We will be on the Oasis sailing Feb. 22 and taking my 15 year old daughter. She is not a pop drinker too much but does like Ice Tea, wondering whether the package would be worth it for her? Thanks

There is no need to buy a soda package. Iced tea is available all day and included in the fare. Self serve is usually where they have the coffee stations.

Sent from my MB865 using Forums mobile app

After starting to read your review, I noticed that the Mighty Ships show was on TV tonight. Yep, same one I've probably watched 100 times, too, but I couldn't resist! As I was watching, I realized that a lot of our neighbors were on that sailing. Unfortunately, we were not among them. I had never thought to look for familiar faces in the show. I did look tonight but didn't see any.

I am really thinking that either the Oasis or the Allure will have to be the next cruise that we book. DH wants to do it as much as I do, and I really want to go on cruises he likes so he will want to cruise as much as I do. :D

Is this a real bird (dove maybe)? Wait till I show my DD this!LOL

I thought it was real at first but when I walked up to it I noticed it was not.

HeeHee, I like the white "shoes" you are wearing in this pic!

Thanks for noticing. That's from a summer of golfing

Anna, October 12, 2014, Eastern Allure. The crazy eights reunion tour exactly one year later.

"Just Saying".

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! November 9th is where its at!