Can't Book Shore Excursions

Cruiser 4 Life 66

Anyone else have trouble booking shore excursions on the USA MSC site?

My cruise is just over a month away, so I'd like to book them, unfortunately the site is a mess and full of error messages. I clicked "chat now" to chat to an MSC rep. She said "the excursions aren't loaded as of yet". When the cruise is just a month away? Then she told me to use a form and fill in the blanks, but I can't see the excursions or prices. When i asked her where to see those she just stopped talking. Lovely.

When I go to my reservation and click on "Shore Excursions" and "Find your Excursion" I go to "Caribbean" but several of my ports aren't even listed. When I click on one that is there I either get an error message saying "Page Not Found" or "Sorry, no excursions are available for this port."

If I try to get to shore excursions by clicking on "Now that your cruise is booked it's time plan the details.

Click Here to Reserve your excursions!"

It shows little pictures of each port. Below the little pictures for each port it says "not in XML" and then a 3 letter code for each port. Then if you click on the pictures or "more details" you get "404 - File or directory not found." This happens on all browsers and computers I try it on and is quite frustrating. Can someone from MSC help me? :confused:

My cruise is just over a month away, so I'd like to book them, unfortunately the site is a mess and full of error messages. I clicked "chat now" to chat to an MSC rep. She said "the excursions aren't loaded as of yet". When the cruise is just a month away? Then she told me to use a form and fill in the blanks, but I can't see the excursions or prices. When i asked her where to see those she just stopped talking. Lovely.

When I go to my reservation and click on "Shore Excursions" and "Find your Excursion" I go to "Caribbean" but several of my ports aren't even listed. When I click on one that is there I either get an error message saying "Page Not Found" or "Sorry, no excursions are available for this port."

If I try to get to shore excursions by clicking on "Now that your cruise is booked it's time plan the details.

It shows little pictures of each port. Below the little pictures for each port it says "not in XML" and then a 3 letter code for each port. Then if you click on the pictures or "more details" you get "404 - File or directory not found." This happens on all browsers and computers I try it on and is quite frustrating. Can someone from MSC help me? :confused:

Try tomorrow .

404 File Not Found

There's no document there. The hyperlink is a dead end.

The web IT is still building the excursions for that cruise. It's probably not the top thing on his list when they clear out an old cruise and start completely rebuilding the website for the next itinerary.

Companies have downsized of late, in case you've missed the news.

FYI: I had the same complaint about being able to see prices for a particular itinerary because I was checking too early (in my case months, not AY month). And I learned that it wasn't some horrible oversight and broad conspiracy. They just hadn't gotten around to that yet.

:-)

You're better off waiting until you board the ship and check out the tour magazine for your cruise itinerary. It will frequently list excursions that weren't on the website. There's no price difference, just go to the ship's tour office and book the ones you want. You can also book via the interactive TV in your cabin.

You're better off waiting until you board the ship and check out the tour magazine for your cruise itinerary. It will frequently list excursions that weren't on the website. There's no price difference, just go to the ship's tour office and book the ones you want. You can also book via the interactive TV in your cabin.

Thanks. Might end up doing that.

True. And by then MSC will have a better idea which excursions have been canceled due to lack of interest. Few things are more annoying than booking a tour, waiting months for it to come, only to learn you were one of 4 people who cared about it. Rarely is an excursion so popular it's sold out (save for obvious ones like the Pyramids or Mt Vesuvius.) Tours being cancelled for disinterest are common.

We apologize for any trouble. Please call our reservations department and they can help you add shore excursions at 866-545-8088.

Archived