Breakaway Haven vs Vibe

PhilK2000

Dear Cruises,

In December I will be on the breakaway in a haven suite. I understand that haven guests have to pay extra for the vibe pass. But is it really worthy to buy additional passes or does the haven have an outside area like the vibe. Where would be the added value?

Second, is the spa worth the extra $$$ or is the haven nice and calm enough?

Thank you

Here is a great photo showing both outdoor areas. Haven area forward with black chairs, Vibe just aft on same deck.

Norwegian Breakaway in Rotterdam

Whether it is worth it and has value well ..... that is a personal decision.

In my reading, families don't generally pay up to Vibe, but younger and singles often do pay IMO.

The Haven can be peaceful, it can also not be peaceful depending on the makeup of the Haven passengers. ;)

HTH some.

Dear Cruises,

In December I will be on the breakaway in a haven suite. I understand that haven guests have to pay extra for the vibe pass. But is it really worthy to buy additional passes or does the haven have an outside area like the vibe. Where would be the added value?

Thank you

Think of Vibe as the Haven for Non-Haven passengers. Ours is included in our fare! We have our own bar as Haven guests, our own wait staff, and inside & outside sun deck, hot tubs & pools & access to getting food served. We have stayed in the Haven on other ships and it's great. We will be staying in a Spa/Haven Suite in November. A pas to the Spa is included. I'll let you know how the spa is. I've heard the it's very relaxing.

Happy Cruising,

Monty

Here's something that might help make the decision for some, at least if I'm right:

Isn't it true that while the Haven is family-friendly, Vibe is adults only? (Or am I totally wrong about that?)

Richard/Tralfie

I stayed in a Haven Spa Suite in Aug. I didn't buy aVibe pass. I'm glad I didn't. I stayed on the Haven sun deck all the time. My sailing was packed and lots of kids. Never saw kids while I was on the sun deck. They would either be in the kids club or main pool. It's boring for kids in the Haven. There's so much for kids to do on the ship. As far as the spa pass, my cabin had access to the spa and I went everyday. To me it was worth it. Next year I have a Haven AFT Penthouse booked and I won't have access to the spa but I do plan on buying the spa pass. I loved it.

• 1 year later...

I'm considering getting Vibe passes even though we're in a haven suite. It'll be nice to have an adults-only place to go, but also have the haven if our kids want to come. Plus we'll be travelling with other family who aren't in a haven suite, so we can hang out with them at VIBE. And having an outdoor bar at Vibe sounds appealing to me as well.

But I think most would probably call it overkill...

Dear Cruises,

Thank you

The reasons for us to pay for Vibe:

1. Adults only.

2. Outside bar.

3. Less crowded than the main pooldeck but not as dead as the Haven can be.

4. Better hot tube than in the Haven.

Dear Cruises,

Thank you

I have stayed in Haven suites for most of my cruises. The Haven pool area is small with loungers all around. Upstairs is a large area overlooking the Haven pool with many more loungers all around. Then there is an outside area with even more loungers and umbrellas. Crew members come around with fruit and chilled face towels.

Depending on the time of year, the Haven pool area can get very crowded (and I have seen many chair hogs out there as early as 7:00 a.m. reserving "their" loungers for the day). Also I've seen dozens of ill-behaved children running around, screaming, hogging the pool and hot tubs, etc. and also many well-behaved children. Sometimes the adults are worse than the kids! It really varies.

That being said, if peace and quiet is what you want along with bar service, the Haven should suit your needs (if it gets too loud for you in the pool area, you can always go upstairs which is rarely crowded and quiet).

As for the spa pass, IMHO it's totally worth the price. The thermal suite is very relaxing and I spend about 1-2 hours in there every day.

Enjoy your cruise,

Tracy

P.S. I just noticed that this is an old thread that has been revived, but the OP's question is still a valid one.

Edited by TracyE

correct

It makes all the difference in the world if you don't want to listen to kids horsing around. We would not book the haven since our first time in a spa suite (which gave us access to the Haven) simply because kids are allowed in the pool area. It was not relaxing at all.

The spa area, on the other hand, is worth every penny. Adults only and it is glorious there.

Edited by coffeebean