Chef's Table

queenteacher

When we cruised on Carnival, we had the option of booking a Chef's Table dinner that was a small dining experience in the kitchen with a menu created by the head chef. During the meal the Head Chef was there explaining the meal, taking you on a tour of the galley, and answering questions. It is amazing and a must do for a foodie! We are sailing on the Solstice and I would love to know if this is an option that Celebrity offers.

Thanks for any information!

We have just returned from the Infinity Wine Cruise, and were lucky enough to be able to book the chefs table dinner.

As far as I can see, it is for a max of 6-8 passengers, and is not generally widely advertised, probably because they don't have to :-)

Ask as soon as you board, and they will give you the option to book, and let you know the details

Good luck - we had a fabulous time

Lou

The Chef's Table is held on any cruise where there is sufficient demand but, as the previous poster said, it is for limited numbers and not widely advertised. The best strategy is to get your name on the list as soon as you board [ensuring your place] and then [and only then] encourage everyone else you meet to sign up!

On M-Class ships, the dinner is held in the galley but, on S-Class ships [such as Solstice] the galleys to the Specialty Restaurant are not adjacent to the MDR galley and there is not the space so the meal is held in the Murano Wine Cellar.

Sue

Hi, I have also attended a Chef's Dinner on Summit and it was held

in the galley as well. If memory serves I think there were about 10

of us.

You need to ask about it as I agree with Sue in the previous post....

it is not advertised very much.

I also went to another dinner on Sihlouette which was held in Tuscan

and that one? I believe we had about a dozen people.

If it is something you are interested in doing? Find either, The

Cellarmaster or one of the Maitr'ds of one of the Specialty Restaurants

and they should be able to help you.

We were offered the opportunity on the Infinity last April. We had just finished a large dinner in Murano, and the last thing I needed was to consider an even larger dinner. Plus, as I faintly recall, the price was quite high. What does it cost?

Hi, I have also attended a Chef's Dinner on Summit and it was held

in the galley as well. If memory serves I think there were about 10

of us.

You need to ask about it as I agree with Sue in the previous post....

it is not advertised very much.

I also went to another dinner on Sihlouette which was held in Tuscan

and that one? I believe we had about a dozen people.

If it is something you are interested in doing? Find either, The

Cellarmaster or one of the Maitr'ds of one of the Specialty Restaurants

and they should be able to help you.

Sounds like fun! Do you remember how much the Chef's dinner cost?

We did it on the Century /Hawaii in 2011. It was in the Galley. It was very noisy as the cooking counters are metal. Head Chef and HD were there. Nice wine with each course. Same menu as in Murano. The price was $140. It did include the hardback cookbook. We drove to the port so we could take it home but if you were flying it is very heavy to pack or bring on the plane.

Sounds like fun! Do you remember how much the Chef's dinner cost?

Hi, see Maggie's post......it is pricey but I enjoyed it. I didn't want

the cookbook...they deducted the price of what that would have

cost from my total for the dinner. But I honestly don't recall what

I paid......I know it was over 100.00 but can't remember the exact

$$:confused:

The dinner I had on Sihloutte (that was in April of this year) I honestly

don't remember what I paid for that one:eek:

On Princess it is now $95pp

Ouch. I might spring for it, depending on the menu, as the wine which is included makes up for some of the cost. It would really have to be a special dinner, though. On a forgotten Celebrity ship, we attended a special dinner prepared by a guest chef from the Florida panhandle. That probably cost close to a hundred p/p and it was worth every penny. Excellent food, excellent company, and the wine wasn't bad, either. I think we're done with CTs, but I would encourage anyone who hasn't tried one to give it a go.

• 3 weeks later...

We just got back from a Med cruise on the Equinox, and we purchased the chefs table experience.($279 per couple)

Frankly, both my wife and I were disppointed in the food quality and menu imagination. We have eaten twice on Norwegian's chefs table....half the price and twice as enjoyable.

Your experience may differ....

Edited by timbo89

Any comparisons of the Princess Chef's table with the Celebrity Chef's

table??

Not sure about X, but my 2 brothers and wives did it on the Caribbean Princess in Janaury and they said it was the best $95 pp they ever spent. It just so happend that my other brother and myself with our wives elected not to do it but found ourselves sitting next to them in the dining room. When the chef found out we were with them he slipped us some of the food he was making tableside and it was outstanding.