Careful what you wish for? (elevators)

Reese88

Booked an oceanview guarantee at the Riviera deck price on the Inspiration. I'm seeing that my room is going to be on the Empress deck (this may be subject to change, not sure) which is a 3 category upgrade, BUT, it's located right near elevators by the Grand Atrium Plaza! I've cruised before but was at the back of the ship where is was peaceful. Has anyone stayed near the elevators before and can you share your experience about the noise factor etc please. My gf and I are in mid-late 20's so we'll be up and out early as well as in bed real late so we're not too concerned...yet. :) Any experiences to share?

Cruisemom & MrPete--the amount of cruises you have taken are unreal! I'm working on #2 with my girlfriend but we'd like to start taking them more often. Over the course of your many voyages have you come to prefer a certain type of room or do you find that a simple oceanview works nicely everytime? I'm wondering if we'll become cruise snobs and only want balconies in the future :D I sure hope not!

LOL. We were quite content with a basic OV room until out first balcony. Since then, we've not been able to go back. Not to say that I wouldn't.

Any room that gets me on a ship is a GOOD room.:cool:

We were in cabin E-54 this past January. Right off the Atrium. We loved it. No noise factor other then people walking and kids running in the passageway.

Very convenient if you need a cold beer or rum and coke.LOL

Any room that gets me on a ship is a GOOD room.

That's my story & I'm stickin' to it! ;)

It depends on the time of year we are cruising (whether or not it's peak season for pricing), but we most often book the cheapest category guarantee available. We've had several oceanview and inside cabins (in all areas of the ships), and we've only been in a balcony cabin once (in 2001) -- and loved it, of course. It doesn't look like we will get to cruise this year, but we will be celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary next year so we will definitely be getting a balcony for that one.

I was concerned the first time I booked near the atrium. Not only did I not hear anything, it was SO convenient, I try to book close to it wherever possible.

Exactly my experience.

Our cabin on the PRIDE 6 weeks ago was right next to the atrium elevators. We could come out of our cabin and look through one of the windows of the atrium/hallway and see the starboard elevator in the atrium several feet away (see pics below). NOT A SOUND, EVER. ;)

Talk about convenient. Our cabin was just exactly 2 decks over the hold'em poker tables. :rolleyes: Great location.

To me all I really need is a basic oceanview - the inside cabins make me antsy as I like to be able to SEE what time of day it is. Not so bad on a 4 day or less but once we get into that 5th day I start feeling like a mushroom.

We have been spoiled by the balcony and we will have one again this time - only because we are sailing with my SIL and she won't get nothing less - spoiled on her 1st cruise. When we sail with just our family an oceanview is fine and it save us a little money.

I have to say though that there is nothing like a balcony first thing in the morning and last thing at night --- ahhhhhhhhhh

Archived