Carnival Freedom

robin32470

I just booked a cruise on the Freedom ship for 9/22/14 5 days to Ocho Rios & Grand Cayman. Haven't ever been to either location so we are definitely excited. If anyone has sailed on Freedom, how did you like it? We booked a balcony cabin on Lido Deck 9274. Once you go balcony, you never go back LOL

Our first on Freedom also. Same ports, but in Dec. Does any know how this cabin would rate? It is at very front. Thx for any input!

I just booked a cruise on the Freedom ship for 9/22/14 5 days to Ocho Rios & Grand Cayman. Haven't ever been to either location so we are definitely excited. If anyone has sailed on Freedom, how did you like it? We booked a balcony cabin on Lido Deck 9274. Once you go balcony, you never go back LOL

By the time you get on the Freedom, it will have undergone a major dry dock, so it's sort of irrelevant to seek current opinions on the ship.

I say this because I'd hate to see you scared off from it. I was on the Freedom two weeks ago and it was BY FAR the ugliest Carnival ship I've been on. The service was poor too. However, I still had an amazing time and I am convinced that the ship will look amazing once it comes out of dry dock. All of the other ships have...

Forgot to mention...I had cabin 9202 and LOVED it. I always love booking the cabins at the front of the ship, but this was my first time on the Lido deck and that made it even better. Obviously, it's nice to be near the food. But the other good thing about being on the Lido deck, which isn't necessarily quite as obvious until you experience it, is that you never have to wait for an elevator. Everybody seems to be heading to or from Lido, so the elevators are stopping there constantly.

We sailed on the Freedom last September and are going again in a few short weeks. That was the first time on the Lido deck and loved it.

I enjoyed the ship it was actually my favorite Carnival ship before I went on the Breeze.

I've been on the Pride, Imagination, Freedom and Breeze....Freedom was my 2nd favorite.

I'm sure you will enjoy it

I did an extensive photo review from our cruise on the Carnival freedom in March.....just search "Our Cruise on the Carnival Freedom with lots of Pics"

the search engine isn't the greatest. I tried but couldn't find it. if you can, can you post the link? love looking at pictures! :D

By the time you get on the Freedom, it will have undergone a major dry dock, so it's sort of irrelevant to seek current opinions on the ship.

I say this because I'd hate to see you scared off from it. I was on the Freedom two weeks ago and it was BY FAR the ugliest Carnival ship I've been on. The service was poor too. However, I still had an amazing time and I am convinced that the ship will look amazing once it comes out of dry dock. All of the other ships have...

Wow, our Freedom experience was totally different!

Loved the ship, had excellent service everywhere. Our itinerary wa eastern -- St. Thomas, Tortola, Antigua and Nassau -- it was our best cruise ever!

We just did this cruise in August, except ours was 6 days. We loved this cruise, it was our top. In Grand Cayman we did stingray city and snorkeling and LOVED every second. In Jamaica, there was a tropical low so it ruined our beach time. You will love the Freedom, the CD and his crew are great, we, including our teen boys, had a great time. We were on deck 7-empress, balcony, it was great. Just basically everything was great!

This just proves that no two people's opinions are the same. We sailed on her in February on an 8 day cruise and loved her. The crew was the most friendliest we have come across in seven cruises. The decor was different but we thought by no means ugly. We still think she was the best ship we've been on so far.

• 2 months later...

We did a 6- night Freedom cruise in July. Great ship and very clean,

We had 2 inside side by side cabins.

Ours went to Key West, Grand Cayman and Cozumel (instead of Jamaica)

Had a great time