1st time carnival - early saver question

Sand_Sun_Sea73

Considering booking our first cruise with Carnival on the Valor for next summer and have a quick question about early saver.

If I'm not too picky about balcony cabin location, should I pick a lower category (like 8A, B or c) for a better chance of having a price reduction?

I'm a bit confused I guess.

I actually prefer aft - but obviously there aren't many aft extended cabins so they may sell out and the chances of a price drop are probably smaller correct?

Know it's a port intensive cruise, so I'm trying to convince myself the location of balcony cabin isn't that big of a deal.

I really wanted to wait until after final payment date and hope for a deal before I booked, but it's just not in my OCD vacation planning personality to do that I guess?!?!

I found a great deal on San Juan airfare so I booked that first (arriving on a Saturday and departing on a Sunday) so that our options would be open to look for a good deal on both RC / Jewel of the Seas and Carnival / Valor.

2008CRUISEBEGINNER I hope you do not mind I would not book early save because you never know what could happen. If you get early saver you can not change the day or the ship whit out a penalty. I have toke RC out of PR it was good many years ago I have taking Carnival it was nice. I was on Adventure

I think that it is only a disadvantage in Early Saver to book a cabin category that has a very small number of cabins, because the chance of price drops on them is smaller.

If you use Early Saver and book the cabin you really want, then you can keep looking for a lower rate for your cabin category and also for the category just above your cabin's category.

2008CRUISEBEGINNER I hope you do not mind I would not book early save because you never know what could happen. If you get early saver you can not change the day or the ship whit out a penalty. I have toke RC out of PR it was good many years ago I have taking Carnival it was nice. I was on Adventure

jcool - They've already bought their airfare so what's the difference? Also, many of us like Early Saver.

If you don't like Early Saver because of the many restrictions, then don't book it.

we did early saver on the Glory in July. I had aft wrap balcony that dropped over $500 and had friends in an extended aft balcony that had a drop of over $600 I think. I had no problem getting the price adjusted. It was fun checking for the price drops!!

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Forums mobile app

Considering booking our first cruise with Carnival on the Valor for next summer and have a quick question about early saver.

If I'm not too picky about balcony cabin location, should I pick a lower category (like 8A, B or c) for a better chance of having a price reduction?

I'm a bit confused I guess.

I actually prefer aft - but obviously there aren't many aft extended cabins so they may sell out and the chances of a price drop are probably smaller correct?

Know it's a port intensive cruise, so I'm trying to convince myself the location of balcony cabin isn't that big of a deal.

I really wanted to wait until after final payment date and hope for a deal before I booked, but it's just not in my OCD vacation planning personality to do that I guess?!?!

I found a great deal on San Juan airfare so I booked that first (arriving on a Saturday and departing on a Sunday) so that our options would be open to look for a good deal on both RC / Jewel of the Seas and Carnival / Valor.

I have booked ES on my cruises except this last one due to the sale they were having. We book balcony on upper deck and get it over the shops so less noise. No matter what cabin/location you book, it will be a hit or miss on any price drops.

Book what your willing to pay and keep an eye out for price drops. our last cruise on the victory out of san juan we had 1 price drop. not much, but gave us extra drinks or whatever on the cruise lol.

If you wait, will you get the cabin you want? will you get the location you want? too many variables for my taste. again, if your comfortable with what the rates are, why wait? book it.

Archived