Can you order bottle of liquor while on the ship?

Gabruska

Yes, I did this last week as soon as I got to the room and saw how small the one liter bottle that I pre ordered was! It was no prolem. Just dialed room service. They brought it right up.

Same for us on our cruise back in February. We called room service for vodka and wine. It all arrived promptly. No issues at all. Nice service.

You pay a higher price for the bottles that you can order to your room, than the price in the gift shop. Gift shop booze is duty free maybe that is why. But it is convenient to order it to your room, could be worth it for the convenience. I have considered it in the past, and have ordered a bottle of wine to the room.

Thinking about doing BV, but not sure yet. Can we order it from room service or BV while on board?

We've done it but when we tried on our next cruise we could not... i believe we were on Ecstasy ....at that time i think some of the Fanasty class ships did not do it...

Is it better to buy before sailing, or after you set sail? I thought with the Bottomless Bubbles you don't pay taxes if you buy it after sailing. It this the same way when buying a bottle from BV?

we have always ordered as soon as we got to our cabin. not sure when they stop delivering.

I would think you could order anytime during your cruise from BV.

I ordered a bottle of wine for my dad's birthday after their cruise had already set sail. Their cruise left on a Monday and I ordered the wine online on Wednesday for delivery on Thursday. It was delivered as requested to their cabin Thursday.

JME.

We recently ordered a bottle thru BV to be in our cabin when we boarded. We then ordered a bottle from room service on day 6 of our 7 day cruise. I was concerned there might be a problem but it wasn't an issue. (we sailed the first part of this month on the Miracle)

My concern was because last time we ordered a bottle thru room service it was on day 3 (I think) of a 4 day cruise. They were out of the brand I wanted so I had to switch. Being a longer cruise I was worried they'd be sold out again.

Not sure if that was because it was a shorter cruise or just more people were ordering from Room Service back then. It may have also been because the price went from $40 on the first cruise to $65 on my last cruise.

AZT

I was on Fantasy last week and ordered a bottle of Crown Royal from room service after we boarded. It was the same price as the bottle I had ordered through BV before we left. Both charged taxes. I suppose there is a chance that taxes would not have been charged if I had waited until we left Charleston.

Archived