Last Minute Summit Questions

kelleyd

We leave next weekend and have a few questions.

1. When do you put on your baggage tags? TA says put them on at the pier, Celebrity says put them on before you leave home.

2. Does anyone know anything about the Buffalo Airport? Never flown out of here. We have an early (5:30 am) flight and was told can't even get into the airport until 4:30. Doesn't seem right to me but .....

3.What floor of the Summit do you board/disembark on?

Thanks.

1. If you are using Celebrity transportation, I would put them on at home. We put them on before we arrive at the pier- either at the airport- or in a hotel if we stay overnight.

2. no idea about the buffalo airport.

3. You typically board on the 3rd level (if I remember correctly) But PR might be different then New Jersey.

Enjoy your cruise!

1. When do you put on your baggage tags? TA says put them on at the pier, Celebrity says put them on before you leave home.

2. Does anyone know anything about the Buffalo Airport? Never flown out of here. We have an early (5:30 am) flight and was told can't even get into the airport until 4:30. Doesn't seem right to me but .....

Thanks.

Buffalo airport is wonderful to fly from. It isn't very big and the people working there are friendly. You will be able to get through security fairly quickly that early in the morning.

I always put them on before I leave home. I know they are flimsier than they used to be, but I don't worry about them coming off. I feel better when they are already on, in case the bags get lost or delayed. Also, I don't have to worry about the tags getting lost in the shuffle of paperwork I have to bring.

Thanks.

Everyone is different. When I am flying into a city the day before my

cruise? I wait until I get into that city and arrive at my hotel.

When I am getting ready to check out of the hotel (before I go

to the ship), I then put my luggage tags on the luggage.

Celebrity may say put them on before you leave home but time

and experience tells me I don't need to do that.....the way I do it

works for me.

Boarding is normally deck 3 or 4 on Summit......are you sailing

tomorrow? If so, HAVE FUN:D

celebrity says to put them on before you leave home because some folks forget to put them on when their plane arrives, or they misplace the labels or leave them on the plane, etc. You need to put them on when you pick up the bags at the airport where you are embarking from.

The correct answer to what deck you embark and disembark from sounds snippy...but it is: whatever deck they tell you...it changes as does the location front, midship or rarely towards the stern. Just follow directions or follow everyone else.

You are overthinking....if you show up at the pier with your passport or whatever else is required they'll take care of everything else....in fact, you can actually show up at the pier with unmarked/untagged luggage and they will create the tags right there.

Edited by ghstudio

An hour before a flight is plenty when there are no customs to clear and it's a small airport. If you are driving there from Canada I'd suggest you go the night before and take an airport hotel.

It is really just personal preference. Different people like to put them on at different times.

The only thing that matters is that your bags are tagged with the correct stateroom number when the porters take them away at the pier.

If your cruise tags are already on the bags when you check them in at the airport, some airline agents will cut them off and throw them away, while others won't.

We used to order cruise luggage tags in advance.

Now we hardly ever bother with them in advance because it is so quick and easy to tag the bags at the pier.

We soon realized that the pre-tagged bags were stacked together with the bags that got tagged right at the pier and the type of tag on the bag made no difference.

When we stayed in a suite, bags with the priority suite tags would be delivered together with bags that did not have the suite tags.

But the last time we used suite tags, we checked in at the pier together with people who were staying in a plain, ordinary non-suite cabin nearby. They had their bags tagged at the pier with the plain, ordinary tags.

You have probably already guessed: Their bags were delivered long before we got ours. :D

(Just in case you are wondering, yes, we always tip the porters at the pier.)

Even when several bags are tagged with the same type of tag and the same cabin number and checked in together, sometimes they are delivered at different times, even hours apart.

Celebrity still mails us luggage tags in advance, even if we didn't order them.

Thanks.

As others explained, it can vary. If a member of your party has trouble walking up steep ramps (which can be more steep some times than at other times) or tires easily, you may want to request a wheelchair for boarding.

Usually you can just eyeball the ramps when you arrive at the pier and get a pretty good idea of how much of an incline there will be.

Thanks for all your help. Being Cdn, we are going to Buffalo Friday and getting a park and fly hotel for the nite since our flight is so early (5:38 am). I will put the luggage tags on when we arrive in San Juan before we get to the pier. The reason I asked about the deck we will embark on is: our cabin is on Deck 3 (sorry, just an ordinary outside cabin) and I was worried that it could become quite conjested in and around our door. Also, we were thinking about self-disembarking and wondered how far we would have to lug our luggage.

Here's another question for you all: Do I need to take insect repellent? I know there are no mozzies when at sea, but what are they like on the islands during the day? We are doing the Barbados, St. Lucia etc itinerary. Thanks

Thanks for all your help. Being Cdn, we are going to Buffalo Friday and getting a park and fly hotel for the nite since our flight is so early (5:38 am). I will put the luggage tags on when we arrive in San Juan before we get to the pier. The reason I asked about the deck we will embark on is: our cabin is on Deck 3 (sorry, just an ordinary outside cabin) and I was worried that it could become quite conjested in and around our door. Also, we were thinking about self-disembarking and wondered how far we would have to lug our luggage.

Here's another question for you all: Do I need to take insect repellent? I know there are no mozzies when at sea, but what are they like on the islands during the day? We are doing the Barbados, St. Lucia etc itinerary. Thanks

Definately bring deet or another insect repellent. We sailed from ny to Bermuda on the summit in August, and the ship had many small flies around the adult pool area. The staff sprayed and they managed to finally to remove the problem after three days. I suggest you bring it!

On deck three, remember you cannot enter your cabin until about two, and the cabin hallway is closed. By the time you are allowed to enter your cabin, the crowds will thin out. You can decide to disembark once on board. If you do not have much luggage and the luggage has wheels , people do self disembark

Enjoy you cruise

Does anyone know what the cost of the drinks (soft and alcoholic) are on the ship currently?

Alcoholic drinks all vary in price......the cost depends on what you

are drinking.

I think sodas are in the 2.00 or 3.00 range.