Brillance vs. Liberty

I am looking to book my comped M Life cruise for next year - and am looking at 2 cruises - they are identical except for the departure port and ship. Both are 4 nights cruises with only one port stop in Cozumel, Mexico - which is fine with me as I enjoy being at sea.

Liberty - Fort Lauderdale

Brilliance - Tampa

This only be my third cruise and my first 2 were on Enchantment - so I am totally unfamiliar with the ships, etc.

I am looking to book my comped M Life cruise for next year - and am looking at 2 cruises - they are identical except for the departure port and ship. Both are 4 nights cruises with only one port stop in Cozumel, Mexico - which is fine with me as I enjoy being at sea.

Liberty - Fort Lauderdale

Brilliance - Tampa

This only be my third cruise and my first 2 were on Enchantment - so I am totally unfamiliar with the ships, etc.

This link from the RCI website about all the ships might help http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/ships/home.do?cS=NAVBAR&pnav=2&snav=4

IMO you can't go wrong with either one. Brilliance gives more of the feel of being on a ship because of all the glass and views to the ocean. Liberty doesn't have the views because of the Royal Promenade and IMO feels more "enclosed."

I would probably decide based on which port allows me to get the best airfare from MN. If the airfare is considerably less one vs. the other, I'd make my choice accordingly.

I would pick Liberty, as I assume it is usually more expensive and you could always pay for the Brilliance later if you wanted to.

also given that you have sailed only the Enchantment, that would make you experience the feel of a bigger ship. The promenade is one of my favorite venues, but yes, you might feel to enclosed.

Liberty's Royal Promenade, which has been mentioned, is one of the decks where you will find a couple bars, a cafe, pizza parlor, ice cream shop, cupcake shop, and a few shops.

I have been doing some research on MLife properties...some of the pictures I have seen of NYNY give me the same feel as the promenade.

Liberty's Royal Promenade, which has been mentioned, is one of the decks where you will find a couple bars, a cafe, pizza parlor, ice cream shop, cupcake shop, and a few shops.

I have been doing some research on MLife properties...some of the pictures I have seen of NYNY give me the same feel as the promenade.

That's kind of funny, because I'll be at NY NY over Thanksgiving :)

Thanks everyone. This is exactly what I'm looking for. Keep it coming :)

We just were making the same comparison between Brilliance and Liberty, as we needed a four day cruise to reach Diamond, and we chose Liberty as we like bigger ships with more to do, such as Flowrider, rock climbing, ice show, royal promenade, cantilevered whirlpools, and better shows like Saturday Night Fever in the theater.

The prices are pretty close, and the itinerary is the same, so we went with the ship that had more to offer!:D

Keith

Archived