More than 7 nights?

Chat Noir

Princess offered one, Pacific Princess I believe, a couple of years ago, and I've seen them before as well. It visited Kodiak and Valdez, along with some of the usual ports. Anyone have information if there are any for next year that I'm just not finding?

Yes, as CruiserBruce stated, HAL is once again offering the 14 day itinerary - no repeat ports, so not a B2B. Includes the usual suspects - Juneau, Ketchikan, Victoria, BC (daytime stop til midnight), along with Sitka, Icy Strait Point, Anchorage (the port of Anchorage itself - right up Cook Inlet! No Seward or Whittier), Kodiak and Homer. It also visits Hubbard Glacier and Tracy Arm, and it is roundrip from Seattle. Only 4 sailings in 2014 - one a month starting on May 18th (please come join us on the May 18th sailing:D).

I've done this itinerary twice before, and am so looking forward to doing it again. Really amazing sailing and I love the Amsterdam - smaller HAL ship (less than 1400 passengers), so it feels like "home" every time I board her.

The first year HAL offered this itinerary, we went to Skagway instead of ISP, to Glacier Bay instead of Tracy Arm, and we sailed east of Vancouver Island for the true Inside Passge. It was a jackpot cruise for sure! Truth be told though, I prefer ISP to Skagway, and have been to Glacier Bay several times, with Hubbard being my favorite glacier sailing, so I was just as happy with the revised itinerary the next time I sailed this itinerary. Either way, it is a jackpot itinerary and I'd highly recommend it if you have the time to spare.

I would LOVE to join that sailing! Later 1/2 of May has almost always proven to be great sailing for us. Not quite ready to jump onboard... waiting a bit to see what government changes are going to do to our taxes and insurance, but it's definitely on our radar now. It's our 30th anniversary, and we'd love something different from the ports we generally see. Thanks for sharing the info!

Will keep my fingers crossed for you, ChatNoir! What a wonderful way to celebrate your 30th. Come chat on our Roll Call - there are many who aren't sailing with us, but are joining in the dialogue - happy to have you there.:)

AIP, very nice to see posts from you!

You have me beat on sailings up and down Cook Inlet as I have yet to make the trip even once. I intend to do so!

As I am not as yet completely retired I have to fiddle my personal travels in between work schedules and can't get the 14 days plus travel time for that HAL cruise. I can't complain about still being wanted and needed at work but I never dreamed that I would still be so scheduled at this time in my life. Perhaps someday we will be on the same ship/voyage. I'll be asking you for advice.

Travel well!

Archived