where to sleep?

My 3 person family was placed in a room that only sleeps 2. there were no larger rooms on the ship. after sleeping on the floor the first night a roll out bed was provided. The blame was put on the travel agent and now that I am home the puck has been passed back to RC. I was offered from RC a 25% credit towards another cruise and assuming the travel agent was going to offer something for their "mistake" I was ok with that...now that it wasn't their mistake according to them I am pretty upset. 25% credit only if I want to book with RC or can afford to...otherwise RC is pretty much getting a free pass on this.

really getting upset waiting for the call back from RC.

IMG_8821.jpg.028e23ef4d48f5e14067cc83a1a560ce.jpg

If I was you, I would tell that what YOU expect as compensation..then see how they respond.

You need to decide what would make this better for your family.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

while on board we asked for the amount equal to the 25% credit to instead be applied to our sea pass account and that was shot down. With RC making it clear to contact TA I was figuring the TA would offer something at least comparable but doesn't look to be gonig that way. Never thought I'd sleep on the floor on a cruise ship and initially told (in a very polite way) 'deal with it'

while on board we asked for the amount equal to the 25% credit to instead be applied to our sea pass account and that was shot down. With RC making it clear to contact TA I was figuring the TA would offer something at least comparable but doesn't look to be gonig that way. Never thought I'd sleep on the floor on a cruise ship and initially told (in a very polite way) 'deal with it'

Was this three adults in this cabin or was there a young child? What is the cabin number?

If it was me, I would be all over my TA. Even if they did not cause this, they should have realized that the room only sleeps two. That is part of the value of going through a TA.

RC told me that ship only had rooms that sleep 2 or 4...the agent said it does have triples.

the TA passed me off to her supervisor who quickly referred to an email from RC that said it was there fault and if I called for me to call post-cruise guest services.

I wonder if it is a safety violation/hazard for 3 peopel to be in a 2 person room?

2 adults and a 16 year old.... 10677

Deck plans shows that is only a cabin for two, not sure how you were able to book a 16 yr old in the cabin also. The age makes a difference because they will allow you to book a child under 2 (might be under 4) along with parents, in a cabin for two.

I would demand a full credit for that 3rd person to sail for free in a future, and then paying the difference for the other 1 or 2 from eithr RC or the TA.

Vacations are supposed to relax and rest, Im sure you cannot do that while sleeping on the floor!

RC told me that ship only had rooms that sleep 2 or 4...the agent said it does have triples.

the TA passed me off to her supervisor who quickly referred to an email from RC that said it was there fault and if I called for me to call post-cruise guest services.

I wonder if it is a safety violation/hazard for 3 peopel to be in a 2 person room?

You say you are waiting for a call back. When did you call? I would give them a reasonable amount of time and then I would call back again. You definitely are due a refund, not a credit, for the third person. Just be firm but not aggressive. State the facts and let the system work.

Good luck!

You say you are waiting for a call back. When did you call? I would give them a reasonable amount of time and then I would call back again. You definitely are due a refund, not a credit, for the third person. Just be firm but not aggressive. State the facts and let the system work.

Good luck!

I called yesterday 10:21 AM EST, they called back this morning and I returned the call within an hour of the missed call and the person was busy.

Edited by torqueathletics

I called yesterday 10:21 AM EST

Personally, I would give them until tomorrow and then call for a status update. Not trying to make an excuse for the cruiseline, but they did a software update over the weekend that has caused major issues with their computer system. They might need time to be able to pull up all the history of your reservation and see where the mistake was made. Plus, since you are just back, the system upgrades might have prevented the information from the ship to be transferred to the cruiselines computers.

Edit: I see they did call back. Give them the afternoon and then call again.

Edited by reallyitsmema

I did my very best to not raise my voice or be aggressive at all while talking to guest services on the ship and made a point to try to not let it effect my time out of the room, however, I don't want that to end up me getting pushed over now that I am off the ship.

hoping the 'squeaky wheel gets the grease' isn't how I should have been on the ship...

I really don't understand why your TA isn't being more helpful-- even though it might be RCL's responsibility--the TA should have "skin in the game" as they are responsible TO YOU and ultimately for customer satisfaction on their bookings. If I were the TA, I would be interested in the resolution to your satisfaction or it would impact my business with RCL.

Not sure why they are not ALSO working with RCL as they supposedly are the travel pro in this fight and could be very helpful in getting a favorable resolution-- I would go back to them and see if you can get them to help 'lean' on RCL as 25% is ridiculous-- Comp the 16 year old's ticket and 25-50% on top seems more reasonable.

But whatever the final solution is, do NOT let your TA off the hook. They should be helping you and representing you to RCL (and using the 'weight' of all their booking business to get this resolved)--

I hope you get satisfaction. It really is the TA's fault to be honest as they should have seen it was a cabin for 2. Did you select the cabin or the TA (or was it guaranteed?). Apparently it was a glitch on both sides but the TA needs to push to make it right.

The staff onboard can't make things right as far as compensation. That's handled through Miami. One thing that might have helped is asking to call your TA from the ship. I've done that before to straighten things out. I used the purser's phone. But, given that your TA seems to be playing the blame game I'm not sure that would have helped.

It's so unfortunate. On the deck plans cabins that can accomidate more than two are marked with a triangle (sofa), star (triple) or plus (quad).

Good luck. Keep calling and push back to your TA about reporting them to the BBB.

the TA selected the room, I didn't care or have a preference where the room was.

If you say it happened, then it did. But how can anyone force 3 names into a 'double only' room?

If it happened to me, I would have resolved it the first day at Guest Services.

My 3 person family was placed in a room that only sleeps 2. there were no larger rooms on the ship. after sleeping on the floor the first night a roll out bed was provided. The blame was put on the travel agent and now that I am home the puck has been passed back to RC. I was offered from RC a 25% credit towards another cruise and assuming the travel agent was going to offer something for their "mistake" I was ok with that...now that it wasn't their mistake according to them I am pretty upset. 25% credit only if I want to book with RC or can afford to...otherwise RC is pretty much getting a free pass on this.

really getting upset waiting for the call back from RC.

Were you in a guarantee cabin or did you have a specific cabin assigned since booking? Unless it was a guarantee and not assigned until pier check-in....I would be all over the TA!!!!!

Edited by skiiergirl

Were you in a guarantee cabin or did you have a specific cabin assigned since booking? Unless it was a guarantee and not assigned until pier check-in....I would be all over the TA!!!!!

He stated that the TA chose the cabin, but 10677 is for 2 only and you can't force the booking to put 3 in that cabin.

the TA selected the room, I didn't care or have a preference where the room was.

Sorry...got sidetracked and delayed in hitting "submit". Should have read all of the way through. If the TA picked the room then I would be blaming them and expect compensation from them not RC. I would go back to my original paperwork/booking id, etc. from the TA. I would show them that they were the ones that issued the room assignment knowing there were 3 people in a room. Since RC can't deal with us directly before a cruise if we have booked with a TA since the booking belongs to the TA and we are the TA's client then I would definitely be hitting the TA hard on this. Did they change rooms on you anywhere along the way prior to cruise? I would look back through all of my paperwork to find the first point that this should have been caught.

He stated that the TA chose the cabin, but 10677 is for 2 only and you can't force the booking to put 3 in that cabin.

Sorrryyyyy!!!!! Had starting typing post then had to stop to deal with something and he updated info while I was away. My apologies!!!!!