Can someone explain the Premium drink package to me?

trkmas3122

I recently saw a spreadsheet on here and it calculated things out for you to see if its worth getting, so i put in 2 of the $8 glasses of wine and it said my out of pocket cost would be $4 ($16-$12). Why would this be? I thought it was unlimited.Can you only order one of something a day? What if I wanted 30 beers??:D

Not sure about your spreadsheet calculations...On the Premium Package you can get any drink that costs $12 or less...if the drink costs more than $12, you pay only the difference...thus a $15 dollar drink would cost you $3.

You can have as many drinks as you like...one at a time...so 30 beers a day would be fine...tho perhaps a bit filling !:D

Here is the info from the Celebrity website:

Premium Package

For the ultimate in value and convenience, our premium package provides all the benefits of our Premium Non-Alcoholic Package. In addition, you can enjoy our entire selection of Beers as well as Spirits, Cocktails and Wines by the Glass up to $12 per serving. Plus, with purchase of this Premium Package, you can enjoy a 30% discount on all wines by the bottle purchased on board, even our prized Reserve Wine list and Rare Wine list.

Hope this helps

Woody

I recently saw a spreadsheet on here and it calculated things out for you to see if its worth getting, so i put in 2 of the $8 glasses of wine and it said my out of pocket cost would be $4 ($16-$12). Why would this be? I thought it was unlimited.Can you only order one of something a day? What if I wanted 30 beers??:D

I've not seen the spreadsheet in question, but there would be no additional cost if the two $8 glasses of wine were ordered consecutively rather than at the same time. However, if you ordered one $16 glass of wine, it would cost you $4, the difference between the price and the Premium Package ceiling.

Order 30 beers consecutively? No problem. Order them at the same time? You'll pay out of pocket for 29 of 'em!

Having just returned from our first Celebrity cruise on which we had the premium package I would say this:

Firstly each person needs their own package you cannot have one between two,then as I found out at all of the bars if you can see it then you can have it, even including single malt whisky or the likes of Remy Martin cognac however all drinks have to be ordered by the glass but we found no problems with reordering after a few minutes or so.

It doesn't take long for your favourite bartender to get to know you and often he has your fave tipple in his hand before you even speak.

My partner often had a large bottle of San Pellegrino water for the night with no problems whatsoever and I enjoyed my coffee in Café al Bacio with a shot of Amaretto most days

The same applied with dinner,the sommeliers were on the ball topping up your glass without being asked or at least with a nod in the right direction.

We drink a fair amount and felt the premium package meet our needs perfectly.

Having just returned from our first Celebrity cruise on which we had the premium package I would say this:

Firstly each person needs their own package you cannot have one between two,then as I found out at all of the bars if you can see it then you can have it, even including single malt whisky or the likes of Remy Martin cognac however all drinks have to be ordered by the glass but we found no problems with reordering after a few minutes or so.

It doesn't take long for your favourite bartender to get to know you and often he has your fave tipple in his hand before you even speak.

My partner often had a large bottle of San Pellegrino water for the night with no problems whatsoever and I enjoyed my coffee in Café al Bacio with a shot of Amaretto most days

The same applied with dinner,the sommeliers were on the ball topping up your glass without being asked or at least with a nod in the right direction.

We drink a fair amount and felt the premium package meet our needs perfectly.

I agree with everything this poster said - except I don't know what a tipple is; however, I am going to immediately add it to my vocabulary.

Thanks all for the response.

Why cant you have one between a couple? Is there a way they track this?

thanks again!

Hi:) why can't you have one between a couple? Because the policy is

no sharing of drink packages. And should you order 2 drinks at the

bar? The bartender is going to follow the rule and ask you for 2 cards.

Yes, they keep track of what, and when, you buy a drink. If you order two drinks, you'll need two cards. And it is inherently dishonest to not pay for the drinks. So, please don't ruin it for those of us who are honest and don't cheat the system. If too many do what you think you can do, they will stop the beverage packages.

Yes, they keep track of what, and when, you buy a drink. If you order two drinks, you'll need two cards. And it is inherently dishonest to not pay for the drinks. So, please don't ruin it for those of us who are honest and don't cheat the system. If too many do what you think you can do, they will stop the beverage packages.

I agree.

Perhaps, they can electronically adjust the cards so that there would be a twenty minute inierval before another drink could be charged to the card. If so, then this might dissuade someone from acquiring a drink and leaving the bar and giving it to their partner etc.; and then returning within a short time for another drink.

Also, how does the bartender receive tips under this system?

Perhaps, they can electronically adjust the cards so that there would be a twenty minute inierval before another drink could be charged to the card. If so, then this might dissuade someone from acquiring a drink and leaving the bar and giving it to their partner etc.; and then returning within a short time for another drink.

Also, how does the bartender receive tips under this system?

This is straight from a celebrity bartender. With the beverage packages they receive a tip from each drink they serve. So the more drinks they pour the more they earn.

Archived