Van Rental with driver

Jancruz

I have a group of about 20 pax and I need to find a dependable bus/van company to take my group from the ship to see Beach Blanket Babylon and wait for us and return to the port..Has anyone used a company they can recommend..

Jancruz1

Hi Jan - you'll love BBB - I've been going since my high school days! (A friend "improvised" an ID card for me since you had to be 21 to get into Club Fugazi back then - Steve Silver was so impressed that he gave me his direct line to call the next time I wanted to get in!).

I recommend ThinkEscape. Although they are better-known for their party bus and Napa Valley winery tours, you can get a much lower rate if you ask for a simple transportation-only charter bus to take you from Pier 35 to North Beach. The off-peak rate runs around $100/hour, with a four hour minimum (if I recall correctly). And if you're lucky, you might be assigned to a party bus! :-)

I had wanted to book one of Oceania's SFO/YVR cruises next May or August, but alas, they would have interfered with the kid's school schedule on both ends. :(

Archived