dress code for kids too?

bonibelle

We will be on the Zuiderdam this coming Saturday, 7/16. After reading the post about the dress code, I was wondering if my 12 and 14 year old boys also need to be in slacks each evening? And jeans are not acceptable at all , even for kids? Anybody else doing this cruise?:rolleyes:

JMNSHO- As a Mother of 3 sons and Grandmother of 3 boys, I have some experience with this- to me 12 and 14 year olds are young men, not kids, and should dress as such, in other words according to the dress codes. Slacks or khakis w/ casual shirt on casual nights, add a jacket for informal night, and add a tie on formal night and they'll look great. ;)

I was wondering if my 12 and 14 year old boys also need to be in slacks each evening? And jeans are not acceptable at all , even for kids? :rolleyes:

imo the boys are old enough to wear slacks and a nice shirt---by having them dress up a bit you are simply preparing them for later life--and letting them know that cruising is a very special vacation

Thanks everyone...my kids are good with being dressed nicely, just that we usually only do it on Sundays! I am so worried about having everything go right and making this vacation live up to what I have promised that I probably will ask some really dumb questions. :confused:

Afraid so!

14 and 16 year olds these days are as tall as grown men. I'd think dockers or the like would be in order - hopefully they will not appear in those pants were the crotch is down to their knees! - a smart pair of jeans would be better in my opinion!

I agree. It's a good opportunity to let them participate in an occasion that's removed from the casualness of day-to-day. And it's something young people need to learn, IMO. It's obvious to me that many who come to work at my workplace have never heard of a dress code!

My four year old will be in very formal dresses on both formal nights, a less formal dress on informal nights and more casual, yet refined attire on the casual nights from slacks to dresses.

Thanks everyone...my kids are good with being dressed nicely, just that we usually only do it on Sundays! I am so worried about having everything go right and making this vacation live up to what I have promised that I probably will ask some really dumb questions. :confused:

Sounds like you're on the right track bonibelle. Relax now and remember, no question is dumb. You're sure to find answers on this board! Have a wonderful cruise!

:D

Our cruise leaves on the 30th and I emailed HAL regarding my son who is 12yr and formal night and if he would be required to wear a jacket to dinner. I was told it was up to Matri'd if he would be allowed in the dining room or not but sometimes he had jackets to loan to the kids for dinner. So, I landed up going out and buying him a plain blue blazer so he could wear it on both of the formal nights and informal night to dinner to be on the safe side and just have him switch slacks each night and of course shirts and ties.

Have fun!!

We took our grandson on the Maasdam with us back in 2003. He was just shy of 3 years old at the time. He wore a tux on formal nights and a blue blazer on informal nights, just like his Father and Grandfather. He was adorable. He felt wonderful and loved the fact he matched the big guys. We have the pictures and the memories of this great cruise.

We plan on doing this again, once is sister is a bit older.

Here is his picture along with me, his very proud Memom.

Linda :)

0.jpg.d9de96985e243bda3013181de5284209.jpg

After a trip to Kohls where I spent $456.00, my kids are ready to go! We were prepared for the formal nights, but the smart casual needed some fixin'! It ended up being fun, all of us shopping together and then a family fashon show tonight! Thanks to all who set me in the right direction.

I think the kids dressed up for the occasion looks wonderful. My boys were well behaved, but when they were dressed up they acted even more like gentlemen. You are doing the right thing in dressing them appropriately, and I believe they will feel special. Have a wonderful cruise with the family and don't be afraid to ask questions. There are no "dumb questions", just some dumb answers once in a while!

Archived