Nightmare!!!

Carina1621

I have never cruised before and I am booked on the Splendor for December 3. I will be getting married on our first stop and the rest will be our honeymoon.

Anyway I keep having dreams that something happens I never make it on board. Nothing horrible, but usually some problem with paperwork or showing up on the wrong date, to them just not seeing my name. I really hope I don't jinx myself! I'm so scared and nervous!

Congratulations on your up and coming wedding. The dreams and nightmares are very common. People post about them all the time. Don't worry. Everything will be fine.

We have been on the Splendor and have her booked for another cruise. She is a great ship and you will have a wonderful time. Good luck to you on your special day.:o

If being at the first stop is so important, maybe get travel insurance for your trip. It will make sure you get flown to your first stop (if possible) should you miss the ship. For cruises, I like to carry full insurance that covers medical and legal incidents, missing the ship at ports, bad weather or health cancellations, lost or late luggage, etc. And it doesn't cost much.

I have never cruised before and I am booked on the Splendor for December 3. I will be getting married on our first stop and the rest will be our honeymoon.

Anyway I keep having dreams that something happens I never make it on board. Nothing horrible, but usually some problem with paperwork or showing up on the wrong date, to them just not seeing my name. I really hope I don't jinx myself! I'm so scared and nervous!

Welcome to Cruise Critic as I see you are fairly new. Congrats on the upcoming wedding. All will go well, as the pre-cruise jitters are normal for newer cruisers. Enjoy the cruise and honeymoon.

Hi Carina,

Congrats on your upcoming wedding! Have you checked out the Honeymoon and Wedding Cruise forum? So many helpful brides - and a groom or two - over there to share stories with. And a few have probably had the same nightmare!

Happy Planning!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

I have cruise 15 times so far and I STILL have weird dreams and nightmares before we leave.

Congrats on the upcoming wedding.

Congrats! We just got back from a cruise a few weeks ago and the month leading up to it I had dreams almost nightly.....every one was that I forgot the passports! Funny how your subconscious works! Have a great trip!

Welcome to Cruise Critic and Congratulations on your wedding. I can understand you having nightmares about something going wrong, especially with the wedding and cruise together. I also have those type dreams, especially the last few days before a cruise. I also think about leaving passports, luggage not showing up, car breaks down, etc. That last night I don't sleep much, keep waking up thinking I can't forget.... I don't relax completely until we are onboard with luggage all accounted for and unpacked. I wish you Smooth Sailing on your cruise. :)

I am booked for my 7th cruise and I feel your pain. :o I always feel a little uneasy before a cruise. SO many things CAN go wrong. I breathe a great sigh of relief as I am walking up the gangway (Wow! We made it!)

One thing that helps me is to make a packing list for my luggage, and a checklist of all I have to do before a cruise. I even make a schedule of everything starting with day before we leave. This includes flight info, hotel info, etc. That takes off a lot of pressure for me. Maybe this would help.

Have a wonderful wedding and cruise and may you live happily ever after. :D

If being at the first stop is so important, maybe get travel insurance for your trip. It will make sure you get flown to your first stop (if possible) should you miss the ship. For cruises, I like to carry full insurance that covers medical and legal incidents, missing the ship at ports, bad weather or health cancellations, lost or late luggage, etc. And it doesn't cost much.

Welcome to the CC fold and congrats on your upcoming wedding. Good call from Davey Wavey, always get the insurance. 45 cruises and had the insurance for almost all of them. It's a peace of mind thing. Had to use it once for 1 lost bag after the cruise ended. How they lost it from outside my door the last night to the debarkation area, I still haven't figured that one out :D.. Have fun

I don't wish to sound negative, but cruise ships are not busses or airplanes.. People schedule things in ports all the time and the port is skipped for some reason and it "ruins" their plans. Ships can't control the weather and sometimes emergencies happen and port arrivals are missed or delayed.

Have back up plans just in case or better yet, get married on the ship and you won't have to worry about making it to the port....

Hi...you are my same sailing!

A couple of things to keep in mind:

1. If you think the weather may be an issue, plan to come in a day early via ground transportation
  2. Be sure the last name on your passport agrees with the name on the reservation since you are getting married! This could pose a problem unless you decide not to change your name.
  3. If you could at least get a civil marriage license before you board the ship and "if", big if for some reason the ship misses the port where you plan to celebrate your marriage, at least you would be married! Doesn't hurt to be married more than once.

Come visit on our roll call.

MARAPRINCE

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding! I was married on a cruise too- I was so jittery about the cruise and wedding details that I had dreams too. Make your lists and check them twice :-)

And have a seperate list of your absolutely essential items (passport, boarding pass, wallet, etc.) and check for those again on the way out the door. Also, putting together a wedding binder with all of your information, communications with Carnival and the wedding coordinator, guest list, etc, can come in very handy.

Good luck!!!

I don't wish to sound negative, but cruise ships are not busses or airplanes.. People schedule things in ports all the time and the port is skipped for some reason and it "ruins" their plans. Ships can't control the weather and sometimes emergencies happen and port arrivals are missed or delayed.

Have back up plans just in case or better yet, get married on the ship and you won't have to worry about making it to the port....

We will actually be legally married before the cruise. We have 4 children, who will not be on the cruise so we wanted to do something with them first. The ceremony in Florida would be for family I have on the cruise and for family I have living in Florida. So if anything would happen and we would miss the port, I really only lose out on a $50 deposit. So I am still not to worried about it. I will make it up somehow on the chip.

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding! I was married on a cruise too- I was so jittery about the cruise and wedding details that I had dreams too. Make your lists and check them twice :-)

And have a seperate list of your absolutely essential items (passport, boarding pass, wallet, etc.) and check for those again on the way out the door. Also, putting together a wedding binder with all of your information, communications with Carnival and the wedding coordinator, guest list, etc, can come in very handy.

Good luck!!!

I think I'm just stressed because I don't have as much time to prepare as I wish I could. I am 1 semester away from getting my degree. I am also a stay at home mom of 4 kids, and this wedding/honeymoon just might have pushed me over the edge loL!

Its OKAY. These dreams are common (as people have said). I have them all the time, sometimes when I don't even have a cruise booked :rolleyes:.

Just think of it as a a way for your mind to deal with stresses. It is playing out all the bad stuff in your dreams, so you don't have to deal with it in reality.

Also, when I have these dreams, I usually go and do a check of my documents, or reservations, or whatever to make myself feel better. Its a great way to remind yourself just to check the fine details every once in a while......while you are waiting.

It's an Omen.

I'm a newly wedded cruise bride myself! Welcome! I think is read further down the line that you will actually be married before getting on the ship...but just so you have a little peace...don't sweat it! I got married in port, but we had a bride on my sailing that was supposed to be married on an island we had to skip, they worked with her to make alternate arrangements and she was married in port before we left and still had her reception, etc that she paid for and wanted on the ship. IF anything should happen, and it's a big if, just breathe and roll with it...either way, you will be on a cruise with your love! Congrats!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Worst pre-cruise nightmare I've had:

I'm at the port. We're checking in, and when the agent asks us if we want to put cash on our S&S account, I open my wallet, it's empty, and I remember I never got the money out of the safe at home. Rusty opens her wallet, and HERS is empty! ...guess where it is...

I mean, in the dream we were in the port of Jacksonville, (we've been there a couple of times ;) ) it looked like it always does, the lady behind the counter was one of the people we know in the port, the procedures were standard, everything! :eek:

I woke in a cold sweat, got up, got the money out of the safe, and put it in my computer case with the other paperwork right then and there, at like 3 in the morning. Rusty asked what I was up to, so I told her about the dream. She got up, got her share out of her strongbox, and put it in her purse without another word.

Oh yeah - this was like three days before we were supposed to leave for the cruise.

So relax - everyone has pre-cruise jitters and nightmares. It all works out... :D

Archived