5-day Victory or 6-day Breeze

KatieCharlotte

What would you do? Yes, Breeze has everything new and six days are always better than five. :)

But, the Victory is over $600 less for the family for an OV. Less $$ = less stress for me and DH.

And, the Victory docks at Ocho Rios (rather than Montego Bay), which will be MUCH more convenient for what the family wants to do in Ocho Rios. 6-day adds Cozumel, but we've been there before and likely will be back.

And, a five-day means we get an afternoon to relax at our very nice hotel pool after we dock, and we split our Orlando theme park days up. We have eight days to fit in a cruise and two theme parks. Sandwiched between 20+ hr drives. :eek:

We will sail on the Breeze eventually because I love its eight-day itineraries and think they will be perfect when my kids are a couple years older.

I'm just worried that I will regret sailing on an older ship with less for the family to do. Opinions? :confused:

We like hot tubs, mini golf and other family sports, and shows. I like the burrito bar and want to try Guy's Burgers but really prefer mdr for dinner and deli for lunch. Either chicken fingers or rotisserie chicken would make my DDs happy. DS wants hot dogs.

What would you do? Yes, Breeze has everything new and six days are always better than five. :)

But, the Victory is over $600 less for the family for an OV. Less $$ = less stress for me and DH.

And, the Victory docks at Ocho Rios (rather than Montego Bay), which will be MUCH more convenient for what the family wants to do in Ocho Rios. 6-day adds Cozumel, but we've been there before and likely will be back.

And, a five-day means we get an afternoon to relax at our very nice hotel pool after we dock, and we split our Orlando theme park days up. We have eight days to fit in a cruise and two theme parks. Sandwiched between 20+ hr drives. :eek:

We will sail on the Breeze eventually because I love its eight-day itineraries and think they will be perfect when my kids are a couple years older.

I'm just worried that I will regret sailing on an older ship with less for the family to do. Opinions? :confused:

We like hot tubs, mini golf and other family sports, and shows. I like the burrito bar and want to try Guy's Burgers but really prefer mdr for dinner and deli for lunch. Either chicken fingers or rotisserie chicken would make my DDs happy. DS wants hot dogs.

I think you have answered your own question. For now the Victory seems to work best for you and your family and you can sail on the Breeze another time.

Under your circumstances, I too would do VICTORY this time. "Breeze" is an outstanding cruise, and ship, to be sure, but for the reasons you've laid out, I don't think there's any doubt about the right decision. (Besides, "Breeze" prices will come down as she gets a bit older, and she'll still have the same "stuff" aboard, so you can do that ship later!) :D

Enjoy your VICTORY! :cool:

"SKY"

Thanks. I needed to hear that I wasn't making a big mistake. :)

I like the old ships but my kids have only been on the Magic. They said as long as there's free ice cream they're happy. :D

I just got back from the Victory a few weeks ago! 25th cruise and the first time on that ship! I loved the ship, the crew... and yes they have mini golf, 24 hour icecream, and other things you mentioned. no Guys burgers.. but they do have a grill by the back pool with dogs, burgers, fries, chicken tenders, and a pizza station. You will love the Victory!

Archived