Favourite Hotel in Miami (Close to the port)

Windy56

We are in the process of booking our flight for our February cruise on the Breeze, out of Miami. We have booked hotels in Fort Lauderdale for cruises out of that port, but we are haven't cruised out of Miami, before.

For those of you who have stayed overnight, which are your favourite hotels and why? I should mention that we won't be doing the shuttle and will take a cab to the port, so the free shuttle is not a factor in our choice. We would like to be close to a place where we could pick up a few bottles of wine and maybe do a bit of shopping. We wouldn't want to go over three hundred dollars a night, for sure!

Thanks!

I would advise if you are taking a rental car and spending night at hotel, take all all your valuables into the room with you. there are a lot of car breakins at hotels in Miami.

I live in miami and have never heard of such..breakins are not so common here. I have actually left my window down gotten into walmart for almost 2 hours and came back and everything was there. It all depends what area you are staying at.

We are in the process of booking our flight for our February cruise on the Breeze, out of Miami. We have booked hotels in Fort Lauderdale for cruises out of that port, but we are haven't cruised out of Miami, before.

For those of you who have stayed overnight, which are your favourite hotels and why? I should mention that we won't be doing the shuttle and will take a cab to the port, so the free shuttle is not a factor in our choice. We would like to be close to a place where we could pick up a few bottles of wine and maybe do a bit of shopping. We wouldn't want to go over three hundred dollars a night, for sure!

Thanks!

We stayed at the Intercontinental and it was awesome and close to Bayside and the port !!!!

Here is a thread that may help you

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1880773

Thanks!

I would go with Intercontinental. It is $234 on Lastminutetravel.com

You can walk to Bayside and pick up what you need.

Taxi to port is about $8.00

Bill

We like the Holiday Inn-Port of Miami. It is across the street from Bayview which is a great place to walk through and eat at. I have never stayed at the Intercontinental - I just have never been able to get good pricing. All the hotels close to the Port are expensive.

If price is an issue, we have also stayed near the airport at the Blue Lagoon (can't remember the hotel) there are several there. It's also I nice area.

Good luck

Kevin from Mpls

Another vote for Intercontinental here!

HI-POM is right across the street from Bayside, but the Intercontinental is much nicer, IMO.

Intercontinental is a short walk to Bayside. There is also a Walgreens and CVS within easy walking distance as well.

I personally like the Doubletree or Marriott downtown. They have a mini mall in between the two that has some very good places to eat and get last minute items for your cruise. Also has a Publix within a very short walking distance and the station for the metromover is just across the street from these two hotels. The people mover is free and is a short ride to the bayside marketplace. Stayed at both places, love them both. Staying at the Doubltree again in April pre-Breeze.

I live in miami and have never heard of such..breakins are not so common here. I have actually left my window down gotten into walmart for almost 2 hours and came back and everything was there. It all depends what area you are staying at.

I haved lived in Miami for 11 years and currently live by the airport. car breakins are rampant in Miami esp near the airport where i live now.

Thank you so much for the responses. We checked Doubletree and it is showing no vacancies for February 13 and 14.:(

I see that now that I look. Must be something going on down there that week. As others said the Intercontinental is available. They have the Metromover station there as well and a CVS within walking distance. Also the Hampton inn Brickell is a very nice place I have hear. Not as good a view of the POM, but its a Publix in walking distance as well. I think a Metormover station is near there as well.

Another vote for Holiday Inn-Port of Miami. I suspect the Intercontinental may be a bit nicer, but I've never been able to get a decent price, and the Holiday Inn is a great location. Stroll right across the street to Bayside Marketplace for a host of places to eat, including our favorite the Bubba Gump Shrimp Co.

It is a very short taxi ride to the port and the folks at the desk are very accommodating. If you're on the correct side of the hotel you can look out your window in the morning and see the cruise ships.

John

I am staying at B2 downtown miami. Its across from port and a hotel that just opened this past March I believe. Its on Biscayne blvd and across from Bayside. Got it for 125 on H ot wire and its a 3 star gets great reviews for all sites

Archived