Favourite Hotel in Miami (Close to the port)

Windy56

I have this booked for February is there any little stores around to get soda.

Yes, there is a Publix grocery 2 or 3 blocks away. The elevated train is 1 block away if you have the need to go to Bayside. We did this, by the time we got back to the hotel, we realized we really did not need to make the trek over.

Two places that I have previously stayed at, no longer exist, so, my one and only vote can go to Holiday INN POM, which I stayed at 4 years ago, and had a good experience there. It has been renovated since then, but the location is excellent, and we liked it very much. Directly across from Bayside marketplace which is fine for a few hours of pre cruise entertainment, and has lots of dining options from fast food to better dining. Cruise day, cabs were readily available and costed about 12.00 plus tip to the cruise terminal, which was very nearby. We paid 140.00 in October 2009, so not sure what it costs today. But we liked Hol Inn POM a lot.:)

We are staying at the Holiday Inn POM in January. It seemed that all of the decent hotels were outrageously expensive the night we needed. I chose the HI because of its location -- close to the port and having the mall across the street and a CVS down the street.

Regarding cabs -- is there a particular cab company I should call for our trip to the port? There will be six of us, but we have no issues splitting up.

Thanks!

Regarding cabs -- is there a particular cab company I should call for our trip to the port? There will be six of us, but we have no issues splitting up.

Thanks!

If there are none waiting just ask the front desk to call - they will know who to call. 6 plus bags (especially if any in your group pack like my wife! :o) will require two cabs.

I live in miami and have never heard of such..breakins are not so common here. I have actually left my window down gotten into walmart for almost 2 hours and came back and everything was there. It all depends what area you are staying at.

I don't know what area you live in but my sister and brother in law live in Coral Gables and have had five cars stolen from them.

The Four Seasons, The Epic, or The Viceroy.

Archived