Do they They charge to use the Sauna and steam rooms on the Allure

Gayle V

To follow on what I posted earlier, and not in response to anyone in particular, I think if you've not used the sauna/steam facilities on board during a cruise, you obviously won't miss them, and if you do want to try them, you may like the thermal suite if you're not comparing it to the facilities on other ships. But for those of us who take them as being part of the cruise experience, it's not fun to have to pay for the thermal suite, especially since they aren't as nice as the ones in the individual locker rooms, in certain respects.

I've seen positive comments about the thermal suites on these ships and similar facilities on other lines where the posters like the mixed-sex facilities because they want to be with their spouse for the sauna/steam. And I've seen negative comments, in turn, about the separate facilities for that reason. Unfortunately, for RCI anyway, you're required to wear a bathing suit in the thermal suite because it is mixed, and saunas and steam should be done nude. Not sure what other cruise lines require, but I've been to several spas and other such facilities in Europe where they are mixed-sex but the saunas/steam rooms are done nude.

Good information, thanks!

Sadly, in my humble opinion and assessment...the layout is very poor and your view is staring at the doors to the sauna DOOR, steam DOOR and (rain forest) showers (2 on either side of the doors to sauna and steam rooms)...it resembles the "let's make a deal" stage when you want to sit back and relax on the thermal loungers... people are coming in and out of the steam and saunas and you are sitting right there at an arm's length away. I have had the spa treatments and was able to use the spa and I didn't stay too long. It felt like I was in a closet. Plus all 3 or 4 loungers were taken and there isn't a lot of space on the bench waiting for someone to relinquish their seats. The mood and ambiance in that area was really not of a relaxing state...at all!!! The locker rooms have more room than the spa area. The Oasis is a beautiful ship, no doubt. Big thumbs down as to how they designed this space. Big big big let down. I enjoyed the freedom of the Jewel of the Seas and their spa....used it ALL OF THE TIME!!!

To follow on what I posted earlier, and not in response to anyone in particular, I think if you've not used the sauna/steam facilities on board during a cruise, you obviously won't miss them, and if you do want to try them, you may like the thermal suite if you're not comparing it to the facilities on other ships. But for those of us who take them as being part of the cruise experience, it's not fun to have to pay for the thermal suite, especially since they aren't as nice as the ones in the individual locker rooms, in certain respects.

I've seen positive comments about the thermal suites on these ships and similar facilities on other lines where the posters like the mixed-sex facilities because they want to be with their spouse for the sauna/steam. And I've seen negative comments, in turn, about the separate facilities for that reason. Unfortunately, for RCI anyway, you're required to wear a bathing suit in the thermal suite because it is mixed, and saunas and steam should be done nude. Not sure what other cruise lines require, but I've been to several spas and other such facilities in Europe where they are mixed-sex but the saunas/steam rooms are done nude.

I have been a member of gyms at home with co-ed steam and sauna's and have no problem with them at all....don't even care if it requires a bathing suit or if it is OK to use nude (of course with a towel). That is me personally.

I would like the steam/sauna's to be without an additional fee -- I firmly feel they should be without an additional fee. I have utilized the facilities on other ships, after a gym workout or when back from a day's excursion for a 20 minute slice of time to unwind. If it was co-ed or not, matters little to me. From the stand point of what is required for a co-ed steam/sauna -- my POV is 'signage' would be required to alert people so they know what to expect....if nude with towel is allowed and they choose not to use or to wear their own bathing suit, so be it.

When I am on the Allure in June, the thermal spa experience just one be on my agenda.

That's disappointing. Charging for this kind of thing is what is making Carnival look better by comparison.

I'm still hoping someone can offer info on price?

The steam room charge is making carnival look more appealing?????? Good luck with that choice....:rolleyes:

A bit of a hijack...

E real RCCL newbie question: Is there such thing on the Radiance and what is it?

I get what a steamroim and what a sauna is but where is it and is it free at the Radiance??

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app