RCCL Majesty vs Carnival Paradise?

Hi! I am trying to plan a 4-5 night cruise for me and my adult dd for Jan- Feb 2014! I have cruised both RCCL and Carnival and have enjoyed them both! I have also only done 7-8 night cruises before! Have cruised Mariner and Allure, Valor, Dream and Breeze (most recent), along with Disney! Both Majesty and Paradise look a little outdated, but DD lives in Tampa so we wanted to cruise out of Tampa or Port Canavaril! Any advise welcome!

For me, the Majesty's cabins are very very small. The Paradise's cabins are larger.

The Majesty looks more up to date, Early Carnival ships have a theme,

I have cruise both lines and for me, the Carnival ship would be more fun.

Majesty leaves out of Miami, not Port Canaveral. Enchantment of the Seas leaves out of Port Canaveral. We've been on Enchantment and Paradise, and I liked Enchantment much better. Paradise seemed very crowded (although maybe that was because it was a holiday weekend and the ship was way over double-occupancy).

Both Tampa and Port Canaveral are great ports. Usually with Tampa cruises, you have more time at sea because there aren't any nearby islands. So you might want to take into consideration if you prefer port time or ship time.

Doesn't the Brilliance, Radiance or the Jewel sail from Tampa that time of the year? Lovely RCCL class of ship. I love the Enchantment. Going soon on the Majesty again...I really prefer the smaller ships.

Oooo, yes. Brilliance leaves from Tampa. We haven't been on Brilliance but we were on her sister Jewel of the Seas. What a gorgeous ship. Definitely consider Brilliance over Paradise.

Archived