Pride Review & Pics 10.27.13 and cabin 4140 (interior with french door)

funinthesun1964

Our room steward (still not exactly sure which one he was, just had a name) was adequate. Wasn't terrible and wasn't spectacular. We did have clean towels every day, and the fun times and a towel animal every night, with turndown. I noticed one night, the towel animal was 'recycled'. I had put the animal aside to save, but the steward simply moved the animal back from the counter to the bed. LOL, not a big deal.

We did want to ask for ice, as we carried on two bottles of wine and a six pack of coke zero, but only ever saw stewards in the hallways on a couple of occasions, just in passing. Those times we forgot to ask, we were in a hurry to somewhere all the time! We were so busy that we did not call, and just forgot about it. /QUOTE]

We got off the Pride as you were getting on. We were in room 4124 and had the same room steward. I never figured out which one was he was. He only did an adequate job but it wasn't me cleaning and straightening.

I've had better room stewards and I've had worse. No problems, we still had a very enjoyable cruise.

The better room stewards we've had would always find us and introduce themselves on the first day. A couple have even asked right at that time if there was anything that they could get for us. If not, at least I would be more comfortable asking for something if I needed it later, knowing the person was our room steward for sure.

• 5 months later...

I just went back through and read your entire review. I just booked the Carnival Pride yesterday for a cruise next month. I got a great deal on a travel agent rate. Baltimore is the closest port we can drive to so it seemed perfect to me. We will be doing the other itinerary though....Grand Turk, Half Moon Cay, and Freeport.

Thanks Again for posting so that I can see what I have to look forward to :)

I just went back through and read your entire review. I just booked the Carnival Pride yesterday for a cruise next month. I got a great deal on a travel agent rate. Baltimore is the closest port we can drive to so it seemed perfect to me. We will be doing the other itinerary though....Grand Turk, Half Moon Cay, and Freeport.

Thanks Again for posting so that I can see what I have to look forward to :)

Have a great time. Cruising from Baltimore was great, I loved not having to fly. It's such a hassle...from booking the times you need, getting the travel sizes of liquids, cramming everything into the luggage, etc.

We are doing the Pride again in October of 2015 with some of the same folks we met on the October 2013 cruise. Will be another great time, for sure. We will be doing the same itinerary that you're doing.

Have fun & enjoy!!! :D

Have a great time. Cruising from Baltimore was great, I loved not having to fly. It's such a hassle...from booking the times you need, getting the travel sizes of liquids, cramming everything into the luggage, etc.

We are doing the Pride again in October of 2015 with some of the same folks we met on the October 2013 cruise. Will be another great time, for sure. We will be doing the same itinerary that you're doing.

Have fun & enjoy!!! :D

We always have fun on a cruise!!!