Pride Review & Pics 10.27.13 and cabin 4140 (interior with french door)

funinthesun1964

We went back to the cabin and collected our things, got ready to head out to port. We didn't have any preplanned excursions, as this was a short day in port. We arrived at 7 and had to be back on board at 1.

We just decided to see what the port area had to offer.

This is Burger Boy, we remember the future cruise desk guy recommended it, but we weren't hungry yet.

IMG_1340_zps88beff19.jpg

Senor Frogs is now there

IMG_1341_zpse1c2e1fb.jpg

A little gazebo where a band played:

IMG_1342_zpsc6180ae6.jpg

another little eatery

IMG_1343_zps06a20f90.jpg

Another ship in port, Bahamas Celebration. I think this cruise line just does short 3 day trips out of Miami.

IMG_1344_zps721d9b3d.jpg

We were going to go to Sparky's, but when we wandered over that way it appeared to me to be closed, a couple of guys were working out on the patio and installing televisions. It was deserted as far as visitors go. So we left there and found a sports bar, which looks totally different than our sports bars here in Ohio!

IMG_1349_zps13d94094.jpg

Several people were here using wifi, including ships crew. We saw Debi and Ted from our roll call and shared a table with them.

The bucket of beer cost was 5 for $20, plus get one beer free, so 6 for $20. Not too bad.

IMG_1350_zps6ba26684.jpg

IMG_1351_zpsaed066d6.jpg

IMG_1352_zpsbe33491b.jpg

IMG_1353_zps9e35f105.jpg

IMG_1354_zpsbd436ad8.jpg

IMG_1355_zpscf547dc0.jpg

IMG_1356_zpsb5a61264.jpg

After the beers, DH said he wanted to try a hamburger from the recommended Burger Boy. I sat at a table and listened to the band. Donated a few bucks to them in their tip jar.

IMG_1356_zpsb5a61264.jpg

After we split the burger, he wanted Conch Fritters - again! We looked around at the food vendors there, and found a banana daiquiri. It was very tasty!

IMG_1358_zpsf28568be.jpg

We did find the conch fritters too. They were also very good.

Nothing much else left to do, so we returned to the ship.

Enjoying your review. The Freeport port looks better than a year ago. I wonder if it is the same port. Was there like nothing past the port?

There was stuff to do outside of the port, but from what I've heard it is about 30 minutes away. The is a place called Port Lucaya which has a beach and shopping, but of course you would have to take a taxi. I just didn't want to bother to do this since we had to be back on board by 1:00.

Once back on ship, we headed out to Lido and just relax. We were one deck above Lido, right in the center, so we were able to see what was goin' on there.

There's Ted in the pool!

IMG_1359_zpsadcc57a6.jpg

It was time to sell the "Groove for St. Jude's" t-shirts. I went and bought one for myself, and one for each of my two kids as the money all goes to St. Judes. DH had one already from our February cruise and in fact, he wore it that day to port.

IMG_1360_zps246df80f.jpg

IMG_1361_zps00835b94.jpg

IMG_1362_zps40d7389d.jpg

Hi Ted! LOL, he saw me taking pictures!

IMG_1363_zpsc05c9b81.jpg

We saw the pilot boat pulling up next to the ship and saw a woman getting out of the boat and getting on board. We heard she missed the ship :eek: I don't know any more details, but we definitely did see a woman going from the boat to the ship. I didn't think quickly enough to get a video.

IMG_1364_zps7acc1351.jpg

IMG_1365_zpsdeecd679.jpg

IMG_1366_zpsc6982ee2.jpg

IMG_1367_zps27242ae5.jpg

This is where we were sitting

IMG_1373_zps0f470be3.jpg

The selling of the t-shirts went on for quite a while. Also, I didn't know this, but an announcement was made that the Pride is the number one ship from Carnival's fleet for donations to St. Judes.

IMG_1374_zps9edd9717.jpg

We each had a drink, DH had the mocha chocolate getaway and I don't remember what I had, but I took a nice little nap.

When I woke, Bob and Cheri came to pay us a visit. I had a nice plate of fries with me at the time, complete with cheese, and other condiments. We talked with them a while and went then went down to the main Lido area for DH to do the beanbag toss game.

IMG_1375_zpse29093d2.jpg

IMG_1376_zps3b1f8e26.jpg

Unfortunately, Scott lost - by one - the story of the lost bean bag toss game continued :(

Edited by funinthesun1964

Tonight was the second formal night, and although we didn't really feel like getting dressed up, we did anyway. We didn't want to eat at the buffet again. Besides, we were going to meet with our new friends.

Went to deck 3 to take some pictures:

IMG_1377_zps00d7a128.jpg

IMG_1378_zps38c7fbd6.jpg

Scott looks like he got a little sunburned that day

IMG_1379_zps03cf51f7.jpg

IMG_1380_zps61d9df01.jpg

We went to the taste bar while we were waiting for dinner

IMG_1381_zps10e1f1e8.jpg

After changing in comfortable clothing, we went to the piano bar. Roger was entertaining as usual.

IMG_1385_zps6d4b9b62.jpg

We went to get a seat at punchliners. We got a seat fairly close (I was nervous that one of us were going to get picked on). But, in front of the regular seating area, there were 2 or 3 rows of chairs. So other people were definitely in front of us.

IMG_1387_zpsb70556c1.jpg

Bob and Cheri

IMG_1388_zpsc176cee6.jpg

Susan

IMG_1389_zps2009857f.jpg

Bo thought something was funny!

IMG_1391_zpsc1ab59f5.jpg

The four of us women took a trip to the bathroom, lol. I decided to take a picture of Debi, Cheri and Susan.

Now you know there is plenty of space in the bathroom stall in the restroom at the rear left corner of the comedy club.

IMG_1393_zps561cbcb0.jpg

To the tune of "sweet caroline". Hands....wash your hands...wash your hands...

IMG_1394_zps7c1b6bc4.jpg

We didn't stay out too late because we had the Behind the Fun tour booked in the morning. We had to meet at 8:15, so after the comedy club, we went to bed.

I will be back later tonight or tomorrow with info about the behind the fun tour and our last day at sea.

The four of us women took a trip to the bathroom, lol. I decided to take a picture of Debi, Cheri and Susan.

Now you know there is plenty of space in the bathroom stall in the restroom at the rear left corner of the comedy club.

IMG_1393_zps561cbcb0.jpg

To the tune of "sweet caroline". Hands....wash your hands...wash your hands...

IMG_1394_zps7c1b6bc4.jpg

We didn't stay out too late because we had the Behind the Fun tour booked in the morning. We had to meet at 8:15, so after the comedy club, we went to bed.

I will be back later tonight or tomorrow with info about the behind the fun tour and our last day at sea.

The lady in the mirror was very curious as to why we were all in the bathroom stall!!! Enjoying the review we had a blast! Like seeing the pics of us!

The lady in the mirror was very curious as to why we were all in the bathroom stall!!! Enjoying the review we had a blast! Like seeing the pics of us!

LOL Debi, she must have thought we were crazy. We sure did have a good time, hope to see you on a cruise again someday. Can you come with us in February on the Freedom?

This is really such a great review. I am enjoying it so much. We will be back on the Pride for the Christmas sailing. Thank you so much for all your hard work on this review. It is much appreciated!

Thanks, I am glad that you are enjoying it. I really liked the Pride and hope that I can get back for another sailing in the next year.

Really enjoying your review!! My husband and I are going on our first cruise on Dec 1st and we are just too excited!!! Your pictures are great! You sure did capture a lot of great moments. Looking forward to reading the end!

Really enjoying your review!! My husband and I are going on our first cruise on Dec 1st and we are just too excited!!! Your pictures are great! You sure did capture a lot of great moments. Looking forward to reading the end!

Thanks so much, I hope you have a great time on your cruise!

Also enjoying your review. Have been on the Pride twice now. Leave again on December 1.

Thanks for commenting! Your cruise is coming soon, have a great time.