Help Please!!

oneboysmom

Hi, there are 4 of us coming to Miami at the end of March. We have 5 days in Miami, then a 4 day cruise. I am looking for a nice, but affordable hotel for the 5 days that has airport transfers, and transfers to the ship all included. If you can recommend anything that would be great. There will be 3 adults and 1 child who will be 12.

You will find very few transfers included and often those are airport hotels and if you are staying for five days I would just not recommend that. A taxi from the airport to say South Beach or downtown Miami and one from the Hotel to the port would be reasonable.

End of March can still be pricey because it is part of the peak tourist season.

Take a look at the Hampton Inn in downtown Miami. It does include a nice breakfast. Taxi fare from the airport to the hotel would be around $30.00 and from the hotel to the port would be around $12.00 to $15.00 before tip.

Keith

The only places offering airport and port shuttles are out near the airport -- fine for one night but not for a number of days.

Remember, there is no beach in Miami - you need to go to Miami Beach for that. In addition to South Beach and downtown areas of Miami I would also look at hotels in Coconut Grove -- lots of shopping and dining options.

You may be better off renting a vehicle and staying north of Miami (Hollywood or Fort Lauderdale); both are more family friendly than Miami and Miami Beach, and comparable hotels there should be a little bit cheaper.

For that length of time the only way to do it is renting a car. Then stay out in one of the chains that include the parking while you are a guest. You DON'T want to stay in the city of Miami for that long without a car. You would be cheating yourself by not seeing the area. :(

You might want to do some research on tripadvisor for things to do in the Miami/Miami Beach area (note they are two different places) , see and where to stay. Take the time and do your research ahead of time with maps. It be well worth your time.

Awesome thank you very much. WE're trying to stay near Miami. My brother is in the Can-am swimming games so trying to be near that. Didn't realize there were different parts of Miami! Thanks for the info!

Are you sure he isn't in Fort Lauderdale?

I would stay in Miami Beach or South Beach for five days. South Beach is walkable and you will not need a car.

Archived