How to spend our day in St Kitts?

canadarocks

We've never been to St Kitts and I would like help in deciding what to do there. I'm torn between an Island tour (Clay Villa Plantation's Best of St Kitts tour) and spending the day at a beach resort.

Are Brimstone Hill, Clay Villa Plantation, and Romney Manor truly memorable sites to visit? :confused: Or would we be better off spending our day at a beautiful beach?

We've never been to St Kitts and I would like help in deciding what to do there. I'm torn between an Island tour (Clay Villa Plantation's Best of St Kitts tour) and spending the day at a beach resort.

Are Brimstone Hill, Clay Villa Plantation, and Romney Manor truly memorable sites to visit? :confused: Or would we be better off spending our day at a beautiful beach?

On our first visit to St. Kitts we did an island tour to Brimstone Fortress, Romney Manor and Cockleshell Beach and thoroughly enjoyed our day. We are visiting St. Kitts again in April and have arranged a private tour through Philip the owner of Clay Villa Plantation including a visit to Clay Villa and Palms Court Garden. Philip has been wonderful to work with so far during our e-mail correspondence. I noticed that the Clay Villa Plantation's Best of St. Kitts tour is a 4 hour tour. I would suggest asking Philip how much it would cost to add on a beach stop at either Frigate Bay or South Friar Bay beaches if you are in port long enough to do so. St. Kitts is a beautiful island and the sites are very memorable.

Mary

For our 40th anniversary in 2011 my DH and I took a cruise that included St. Kitts. We saw many of these sights on Thenford Grey's tours. I enjoyed that tour more than any other because of Mr. Grey, on of the nicest, kindest men you will ever meet. We are going back to St. Kitts in Dec 2013 and I will be booking with Thenford Grey's tours again.

I will also vote for Thenford. Well worth the money we spent. Here is his website to see what he offers. http://www.then ford grey.com/ with out the spaces.

The sites you mention are absolutely worth the time and money they may cost to get there and get into them. If (more of when) we get back there we will go back to each of them and do it with Thenford's tours!

Edited by rummenroman

Thanks, but we have decided to go with Clay Villa Plantation's Best of St Kitts tour. Philip, the owner, really is wonderful to deal with and we're looking forward now to our island day! :)

We are doing the same tour on our B2B this coming May. We are really looking forward to it. One reason I booked this tour is because I wanted to see Clay Villa itself. None of the other tour operators go there, yet TA lists it as the #1 attraction in St Kitts.:confused: I asked Philip about doing the beach after the tour and he said that we could negotiate a pick up price from the taxi driver on the day of the tour if we want to include the beach. We will wait and see how the day is weather wise and if we have been "beached out" by that time. St Kitts is the only island we will be going to visit twice on the B2B and we are planning a beach day on the first visit at South Friars and the Clay Villa Tour on the second week.

Please post a review of your experience on the St. Kitts Forum once you return.:)

We are doing the same tour on our B2B this coming May. We are really looking forward to it. One reason I booked this tour is because I wanted to see Clay Villa itself. None of the other tour operators go there, yet TA lists it as the #1 attraction in St Kitts.:confused: I asked Philip about doing the beach after the tour and he said that we could negotiate a pick up price from the taxi driver on the day of the tour if we want to include the beach. We will wait and see how the day is weather wise and if we have been "beached out" by that time. St Kitts is the only island we will be going to visit twice on the B2B and we are planning a beach day on the first visit at South Friars and the Clay Villa Tour on the second week.

Please post a review of your experience on the St. Kitts Forum once you return.:)

I promise I will, and sorry again about my Aruba comment! ;)

Again, no apology needed. And I am looking forward to your report! When is your cruise?

We'll be in St Kitts on Saturday March 15th. Philip has been one of the most gracious people I've dealt with while planning a tour! I think we will enjoy just the island that day, but good to know that the beach option is there if we want it. Thanks! :)

We'll be in St Kitts on Saturday March 15th. Philip has been one of the most gracious people I've dealt with while planning a tour! I think we will enjoy just the island that day, but good to know that the beach option is there if we want it. Thanks! :)

We'll look forward to your report before our May cruise, then.:)

We just did a tour on St. Kitt's with Greg's Safari's and had a wonderful day! This was an "off the Beaten path" kind of tour and we had a fantastic tour with an amazing guide! Highly recommend him to do a tour not done by other vendors. We hope to do this tour again one day at an earlier time of year when more flowers are in bloom!

To those that used Thenford Grey for tours, did you have to wait a few days for a response from him? We are looking to do the Volcano tour with his company this December so I filled out the form on his website and asked a couple questions. So far I haven't heard anything back and it's been 4 days. I think I'll try giving him a call but was curious what your experiences were. Maybe I'm just too anxious since this was the one tour that really got my husband excited. Thank you for your thoughts!

:cool: We just got back from our Southern Caribbean cruise aboard the Jewel of the Seas. On St. Kitts we used Christian "Trini" of Tangerine Tours - The Fun Truck. Trini is very colorful, very humorous and extremely knowledgeable about St. Kitts and Nevis as well. We all had a blast. There were 12 of us on an open air bus, which we found to be much more comfortable with better visibility than your standard van. As part of the tour, he also provides his own rum punch along with other alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages. Our tour was 4+ hours at a very reasonable $30 pp.

He does require a minimum of 10 people for the trip.

His website is www.seestkitts.com and can be contacted at rummustdrink@yahoo.com.