Got the letter

stefyo

Got the infamous letter telling me not to board till 1pm:

Hi there:

Betcha can't wait for your cruise aboard the beautiful Carnival Liberty. So, we'd like to take a moment to provide you with some important information.

Most days we are able to start boarding slightly earlier than the published embarkation time of 1:00 PM. However, Saturday, as a result of additional document screening measures implemented by Customs and Border Protection for cruises returning from Belize, our debarkation process may run a bit behind schedule. Therefore, for your comfort and convenience, since seating is limited, please do not arrive prior to 1:00 PM. Our departure remains the same at 4:00 PM.

We thank you for your cooperation and understanding. Most importantly, we can't wait to welcome you aboard for a fun and memorable cruise vacation.

See you soon!

Do I have to listen??? I have FTTF and have reservations to be picked up at our hotel at 10am.

We have gotten that letter several times: Liberty, Legend, and Sensation. On the Liberty we were on by noon and the Sensation we were on before 11am. The Legend came into the Port of Tampa late so we actually didn't get onboard until almost midnight.

Had same letter on Dream last week. Got thru checkin by 1030 and sat in Vip lounge until 1100 and sat at walkway to Dream until 1140. I had received letters before and always arrived early and got on early. Take your chances . I did and lost only because 930 was the last hotel shuttle

Why do they send out that e-mail...what a waste. That goes to the trash bin real quick

my guess is they are hoping At least some people Will listen- maybe new Cruisers. It does feel like they are lying though.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Forums mobile app

I had gotten a similar letter when boarding in Venice this summer. I would have ignored one in the states, but I assumed it was a legit change due to boarding in Europe.

Should have gone in the morning as usual.

THAT is why they do it. some people follow it.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Forums mobile app

there are the normal letters (I usually ignore those) then there are the letters with a reason. I had one, we still left and arrived at port at 1030, we didn't board until 1...this was due to customs inspection for crew. I did read one review of a passenger that had this letter, they ignored it, they didn't board until 1pm and this person was mad lol

We got the text message telling us not to come until 3Pm then another telling us to not come till 5 PM. We decided to wait, glad we did could not even get in the parking lot those who did satelite parking had to wait around parking lots.

Those who came by shuttles got in the terminal but had to sit and wait for hours to get on the ship. Carnival did bring out sandwiches for everyone.

The Esctasy was coming from NO to PC had weather issues we finally boarded the ship around 7 pm, we parked in lot by pier in handicap our friends parked at the satelite lot, they were on the ship by 9 PM we pulled out around 11:30 pm

Got the infamous letter telling me not to board till 1pm:

Hi there:

Betcha can't wait for your cruise aboard the beautiful Carnival Liberty. So, we'd like to take a moment to provide you with some important information.

Most days we are able to start boarding slightly earlier than the published embarkation time of 1:00 PM. However, Saturday, as a result of additional document screening measures implemented by Customs and Border Protection for cruises returning from Belize, our debarkation process may run a bit behind schedule. Therefore, for your comfort and convenience, since seating is limited, please do not arrive prior to 1:00 PM. Our departure remains the same at 4:00 PM.

We thank you for your cooperation and understanding. Most importantly, we can't wait to welcome you aboard for a fun and memorable cruise vacation.

See you soon!

Do I have to listen??? I have FTTF and have reservations to be picked up at our hotel at 10am.

Just ignore it.

You be sure to follow those instructions for your own good

like any sensible responsible citizen would.

Your cabin won't be ready for you until 1:30.

You'll hear the announcement made over the P.A. system

when your cabin is ready. Be patient.

They send it out in order to try to keep the lines shorter. They do say that apx. 1 in every 10 who get the letter wait untill 1:00. So it works hence they keep doing it.

Yeah I know why they do it but people are too excited the morning if their cruise to sit around at the hotel and wait until 1:30 pm.