No internet access

OleSalt

Cannot access my RoadRunner account on the Sapphire Princess. IT guy says this is fleetwide. Is there any smart IT guy on the board who can contact Time Warner and/or Princess and straighten this out, or find a workaround?

Any help greatly appreciated.

I use a laptop. I think it is hit or miss and NOT necessarily fleet wide. I had to resort to mail2web on the Coral Panama Canal last Demember, but had no issues accessing RR via Outlook Express (my normal email program) on the Emerald Trans Atlantic or The Golden Pacific Coastal recently. I will say Princess Internet is far better than HAL. I never could access the ships internet on the Westerdam Alaska at all even though the access point was 4-5 doors away from me. I even tried my iPad right under the access point and it would not connect. I had to get the internet fee refunded and used free internet ashore when I could. HAL seriously needs a huge upgrade on their internet system. I have been pretty happy with Princess internet and the slowness has actually improved on my last 2 cruises.

I have a RR acct...can always get it, but have to go to their RR.com website and sign in under the Mail heading. It is not blocked on the ships...just used it again last week.....

I don't find the Internet Managers to be very savvy on Internet issues...IMHO....

The only solution I find that works for me aboard ship is to go to webmail.nyc.rr.com

Even though my home email is @Austin.rr.com for some strange reason I must go first to the New York City site. Trying webmail.austin.rr.com does not work.

So depending on your home city you may require a different site to get to the web mail application. I use Outlook at home but it only seems to work with a direct connect and not with internet onboard ship.