Wine checked on the Star Nov 5th

seamanfs

We boarded in San Pedro yesterday with our 2 bottles of wine in the carryon and were directed by security to the wine check- in table and had our 2 bottles looked at and recorded. So Princess is enforcing the policy on that ship. No problem to us as I like the prices of the cruises to remain low and gladly pay for any excess of one bottle per person. Weather is great and Star Princess looks wonderful. No problems with anything so far!

:confused:Won't this hold up the line to get on the ship if everyone who brings (the allowed) bottle of Wine per person needs to have it checked? How long did it take you to get through this line?:confused:

Edited by monakayk

No it is rather painless. On the Golden to Hawaii in April we brought on 8 bottles of wine and it took less than 5 minutes to have the bottles stamped and to pay the corkage (charged to the room) fees. We also found that the 6 bottle canvas like carriers given for free by the grocery stores makes it very easy to transport the wine.

On the Golden after we went through security and saw that there were bottles in carry on, they told us to go to table on the side. Two Princess employees were there to record how many bottles (2) and look at them, and record room number. Took a couple of minutes.Didn't hold up security line as it was passed it, and off to the side. I would imagine that we could have kept walking and no one would have realized it but we didn't.(San Pedro (LA)

We boarded in San Pedro yesterday with our 2 bottles of wine in the carryon and were directed by security to the wine check- in table and had our 2 bottles looked at and recorded. So Princess is enforcing the policy on that ship. No problem to us as I like the prices of the cruises to remain low and gladly pay for any excess of one bottle per person. Weather is great and Star Princess looks wonderful. No problems with anything so far!

I had never had my wine recorded. Thank you for the information.

So you followed the rules bringing two bottles of wine on board and you had to have them looked at by security and recorded?? I don't get it.

How is the cruise line supposed to know that you are following the rules if they don't check, record and stamp your bottles? What would you suggest as an alternative?....."Hi. I'm following the rules, so you don't need to look in my luggage". Somehow, especially with so much discussion here about rum runners and smuggling, I don't think that the "honor system" is a realistic option.

How is the cruise line supposed to know that you are following the rules if they don't check, record and stamp your bottles? What would you suggest as an alternative?....."Hi. I'm following the rules, so you don't need to look in my luggage". Somehow, especially with so much discussion here about rum runners and smuggling, I don't think that the "honor system" is a realistic option.

Can"t they c the 2 bottles when they scan carry-on? I guess it could b hard liquor.

When we did our wine coastal (from Vancouver) last month on the Sapphire, we had to go to the side table to confirm the 2 bottles. They did not stamp or mark the bottles and I was charged $15 corkage at the dinner table.

Can"t they c the 2 bottles when they scan carry-on? I guess it could b hard liquor.

They can see a large mass that looks like a bottle with liquid in it. There is only one way to verify that it is not contraband, and that is to visually inspect the bottles. I guess in this "instant information and instant gratification" world, going through the extra step in the boarding area is just too burdensome for some folks. There is a solution. Don't carry on any wine. :rolleyes: Princess has done us all a huge favor with its wine policy (as compared to, say, Celebrity or HAL). Complaining about the process of getting the wine onto the ship is the purest example of looking a gift horse in the mouth.