Don't show up till 1

daniella1279

So I get this letter. I was thinking it is just to space out travelers.

View this email online

IMPORTANT INFORMATION

CARNIVAL FASCINATION

NOVEMBER 7, 2013

November 5, 2013

Hi there:

Betcha can't wait for your cruise aboard the beautiful Carnival Fascination. So, we'd like to take a moment to provide you with some important information.

Most days we are able to start boarding slightly earlier than the published embarkation time of 1:00 PM. However, Thursday, as a result of a scheduled, mandatory United States Coast Guard inspection, our debarkation process may run a bit behind schedule. Therefore, for your comfort and convenience, since seating is limited, please do not arrive prior to 1:00 PM. Our departure remains the same at 4:00 PM.

We thank you for your cooperation and understanding. Most importantly, we can't wait to welcome you aboard for a fun and memorable cruise vacation.

See you soon!

Sincerely,

Vicky Rey, CTC

Vice President - Guest Services

We get to our hotel which we're suppose to be on the 11:30 shuttle to the port and while checking in the hotel worker said because of inspection they won't allow shuttle to pull into parking lot till 1 so our time has been bumped back till 12:45. It's looking like a leisure morning. I may have time to Get pedicure that I didn't have time at home for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone have any experience with this?

Danielle,

Got the same e-mail before our last cruise. We had FTTF, so we ignored the notice and showed up at 11:00. We got to the gangway just as they were finishing boarding the Diamond/Platinum guests.

If we had waited till 1:00 to arrive the FTTF would have been wasted, and I would have been steamed. I see this same question quite often, and most responses from seasoned travelers echo the same sentiment, that this e-mail is sent as an attempt to space out the crowd.

Our departure was Fort lauderdale, but it seems to be pretty universal.

No matter what the circumstances, I always arrive fairly early, and plan ahead in case I have to sit around for hours and hours: snacks, water, things to read, and so on.

Having purchased FTTF, against my frugal nature, for my upcoming cruise, I'm even more determined to make sure I get full advantage of the perks that come with it.

Crew immigration is done several times per year. No one is permitted onto the ship until it is completed. Why do people think when they receive an email like this they are an exception and the request is there to be ignored? Really baffles me

Crew immigration is done several times per year. No one is permitted onto the ship until it is completed. Why do people think when they receive an email like this they are an exception and the request is there to be ignored? Really baffles me

Because many people receive the letter and still get on early. I recieved that letter last year arrived early cause my hotel had a bus going at 930 so we had no choice to be there early. And we were on the ship by 1130.

Because many people receive the letter and still get on early. I recieved that letter last year arrived early cause my hotel had a bus going at 930 so we had no choice to be there early. And we were on the ship by 1130.

I've gotten the call and the email. We still arrive on the early side and are onboard for lunch.

So I get this letter. I was thinking it is just to space out travelers.

View this email online

IMPORTANT INFORMATION

CARNIVAL FASCINATION

NOVEMBER 7, 2013

November 5, 2013

Hi there:

Betcha can't wait for your cruise aboard the beautiful Carnival Fascination. So, we'd like to take a moment to provide you with some important information.

Most days we are able to start boarding slightly earlier than the published embarkation time of 1:00 PM. However, Thursday, as a result of a scheduled, mandatory United States Coast Guard inspection, our debarkation process may run a bit behind schedule. Therefore, for your comfort and convenience, since seating is limited, please do not arrive prior to 1:00 PM. Our departure remains the same at 4:00 PM.

We thank you for your cooperation and understanding. Most importantly, we can't wait to welcome you aboard for a fun and memorable cruise vacation.

See you soon!

Sincerely,

Vicky Rey, CTC

Vice President - Guest Services

We get to our hotel which we're suppose to be on the 11:30 shuttle to the port and while checking in the hotel worker said because of inspection they won't allow shuttle to pull into parking lot till 1 so our time has been bumped back till 12:45. It's looking like a leisure morning. I may have time to Get pedicure that I didn't have time at home for.

You thunk right. Its a ruse to dispurse the crowds, so they can accomplish VIP and FTTF boarding.

We always arrive at 10:30 ish. We also always prepare ourselves for delays with drinks and snacks, but have never been delayed.

You thunk right. Its a ruse to dispurse the crowds, so they can accomplish VIP and FTTF boarding.

We always arrive at 10:30 ish. We also always prepare ourselves for delays with drinks and snacks, but have never been delayed.

You can go at any time you wnat. WHen you get on the ship is their call. Op, I would probably goa t teh same time as I normally would. That being said, be prepared for the fact that you may have to wait a while. As others have mentioned. they really do have a full crew imaagration check every 90 days. We have experienced that on the Pride in Baltimore. We got on about 90 minutes late. No big deal.:)

Danielle

I had this letter while we sailed out on the Fascination. we still left early and got to the port at 1030 AM....IT WAS PACKED (it was also packed in the vip lounge) !!!! They didn't start boarding until almost 1pm....next time I get THIS specific letter...im listening to it.

Since the hotel shuttle has bumped back the shuttle time we won't be able to get a shuttle till 12:45. Keeping my fingers crossed that we will get on the first shuttle.

We have had the same issue (which shuttle you end up on). Not my fav part of the process.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app from my IPhone

Danielle

I get those most of the time. I go at my reuglar time, around 1030 or 1100. The only difference I have seen is that you may see a gigantic line for a few minutes until they actually start boarding, but then it suddeny starts moving and you are checking in soon after. If you wait until 1:00 (or if your shuttle makes you wait) you may wind up waiting just a little longer at the terminal.

Have fun!

Two years ago we were on the Fascination and we were using the shuttle from the Holiday Inn express Blount Island. There were a hundred and one snaffoos on that cruise (boarding) and the hotels were all called and told not to shuttle people over early, and the port did not let anyone in before 12. Including those Platinums (this was before FTTF). The only reason we didn't get on after 8 that night was our friend had just had foot surgery, and she was about to pass out @y 7 that night, (we had been in line for two hours) and they rushed us on board. I think they are being honest about the walk through. Have fun, we just got back and it as a great cruise!

Edited by marshhawk