Cabana Question at HMC

Herbaltees

We will be arriving at HMC on my son's birthday. I've rented a cabana for the day and want to have a beach birthday party.

Is it possible/ have you personally ordered the bon voyage items and had them delivered at the cabana? (cake, party trays etc.) I figured since everything on the shore is provided by carnival anyway, this should be possible.

I called Carnival and they told me to email Shore excursions, but I figured someone here might have the answer, while I wait for a response.

I don't know the answer but it sounds like a really nifty idea. Please let me know how it works out. We will be at HMC for my sister's 58th birthday and I would like to do something special. Edited by cathyoo

[quote name='Herbaltees']We will be arriving at HMC on my son's birthday. I've rented a cabana for the day and want to have a beach birthday party.

Is it possible/ have you personally ordered the bon voyage items and had them delivered at the cabana? (cake, party trays etc.) I figured since everything on the shore is provided by carnival anyway, this should be possible.

I called Carnival and they told me to email Shore excursions, but I figured someone here might have the answer, while I wait for a response.[/quote]

[SIZE=4][COLOR=darkred]Good question!! Though I haven't seen it done myself, that doesn't mean they don't do it. Now you have me curious as well. At worst, they can deliver the items to your cabin, and you can bring them to the island yourself, but that would be a hassle.[/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIZE=4][COLOR=darkred] [/COLOR][/SIZE]

I received a response from Fun Shops.

[SIZE=2] "Please check with the ship, once onboard, to ask if any item's can be taken off the ship for your cabana. If so, then you can order through room service right from your cabin. I hope this information help's.[/SIZE]"

So I don't know what to do. If we keep the cabana, but then find out we can't bring food off the ship, how can we still create the b-day party atmosphere?

Would you keep the cabana w/o knowing if you can bring extra snacks etc?

Go to a party store before you embark on the ship and pick up some decorations there - they'll be less than half the price you'd pay for decorations on the ship and you can get something specific to your son's liking - like pirate decorations, eye patches, inflatable swords - and then just get the cake onboard. they probably wouldn't even question you buying it at the formalities place and carrying it over on the tender - A big old pirate party is starting to sound like fun to me ... I'm thinking we're going to have one next time we go to HMC - even if it's NOT someone's birthday, lol.

Agree with the post above.
Keep the cabana and bring some packaged treats and decorations.
Hopefully they will let you bring off something from Bon Voyage or room service (sandwiches, cake).
But if no, then bring some packaged rice krispy squares, donuts and Oreos. You could stack them together with frosting to make an awesome looking cake. :D Bring a few ice cream cones and you can shape everything together like a castle.

[quote name='Herbaltees']UPDATE: I heard back from Bon voyage.

You can have a cake delivered but not the other food items. They discouraged bringing other items because they offer a beach BBQ. And they stated, like others have, that we can decorate the cabana however we like.[/quote]

[SIZE=4][COLOR=darkred]There you go!! Enjoy your cabana birthday bash!!! [/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIZE=4][COLOR=darkred] [/COLOR][/SIZE]