Problem with Cabin Steward

tafische

I am sure you will get it. Let us all know your thoughts when you return. I will be on her the day before for a sleepover. I will make sure everything looks ship shape for you.;)

Hey! Thanks! I was really bummed we could not join in....but take good care of her for me and dont let all those TAs get to rowdy...

In 3 cruises I have seen my steward for a total of 5 times, twice on cruise 1 &2 and once on the last cruise....sounds like folks see theirs a bit more? Not sure I'd even recognize mine on ship most times. Then again, I hear say the steward and wait staff has called them by name...never have I or my wife witnessed that? We must smell bad or something??? :)

I always laugh when we cruise with my parents in connecting rooms (or even just next door). Mom always knows her cabin steward, I never do. Same person, so I know it's not for lack of service. It's just that she'll be back at the cabin more than us. She and dad will turn in early with our daughter. Mom will call for ice, tea, etc. She really gets to know her steward. We get our ice, and towels, and turn down service, etc, but it's like it happens magically :) And as long as we get service, I'm happy with that.

Yeah - that was my big concern as he still had access to our room every day.

Question - Has anyone every requested a different cabin steward? I know they all have assigned rooms, but wonder if that would have been a good course of action.

I've requested a different room steward.. on our last cruise. There was no problem. I just asked at Guest Services, gave reasons when they inquired, and the new steward showed up immediately and was awesome.

Why be uncomfortable?

I've requested a different room steward.. on our last cruise.

There was no problem. I just asked at Guest Services, gave reasons when they inquired,

and the new steward showed up immediately and was awesome. ===> As they usually are!

Why be uncomfortable?

Well done, Nymph! Like me, you're pro-active!

I read far too many issues on CC where people grumble

but won't actually dooo something about the situation while caught in said situation.

If you have to deal with a crew member who obviously has personal issues

you take the name ..write it down, don't be vague about it

-and maybe take a photo,too

and go to Guest Services and cool-headedly register your complaint!

Like the last poster said...Why be uncomfortable? :confused: