Car Rental in Oahu

EllieinNJ

Will the rental car companies pick you up at the pier on debarkation day (POA) and you can return the car to them at the airport that afternoon? Our flight is not until 8pm.

Call the rental agency to check. I don't remember seeing shuttles on disembarkation day, but then again I wasn't looking.

Will the rental car companies pick you up at the pier on debarkation day (POA) and you can return the car to them at the airport that afternoon? Our flight is not until 8pm.

I rent from Thrifty and do this every time.

I've seen other rental shuttles, who would do the same thing. These shuttles take you to the airport location -which is OFF airport, so allow time for the short shuttle between the rental office and the airport.

• 1 month later...

Yes. We just got off the POA last Saturday and I booked a car with Thrifty while waiting to get off the ship (it was the only rental car I hadn't booked prior to leaving for the cruise.) We waited outside for about 15 minutes and the shuttle came and brought us to the shop. Our plane left at 4, so we went to Pearl Harbor for a while, found a beach across the bay from where POA was docked (nice pictures taken), and had lunch before bringing car back to rental shop for shuttle to airport. All rental cars in each port were very easy to get to.

What do you do with your luggage? Do you store it at the port or hide it in your car trunk?

We got an suv since we had lots of luggage and left it all in the trunk. You weren't allowed to bring any bags into Pearl Harbor anyways so it worked out for us.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Forums mobile app