Upcoming Dining Changes

. She kept telling me options are good, not bad. ).

LOL...I imagine that might have been me? :p

We tried NCL and liked the variety of restaurants but they were not FREE so we didn't get their Freestyle dining advertising! Too many for fee and too few for free venues.

First of all, you totally misunderstand the freestyle concept, which has absolutely nothing to do with costs/charges.

Does freestyle swimming mean you aren't paying for it??

*sigh*

Second, NCL has MORE free venues than CCL does so I have no clue where you are coming from.

Just my opinion but this is how I see a modernised dining room experience.

Freshen up the menu (many choices are old fashioned in both the presentation and style).

Have the sides ordered separately. As it is now, many people are leaving the sides and that is a huge waste. If the sides were plated up separately, then people could chose which to add to their meat portion and eliminate a lot of wastage.

Brighten and simplify the décor.

Offer wine matching and increase the DR bar staff.

Wow. Love all of that :):)

Seriously doubt it would happen though.:(

Freshen up the menu (many choices are old fashioned in both the presentation and style).

Have the sides ordered separately. As it is now, many people are leaving the sides and that is a huge waste. If the sides were plated up separately, then people could chose which to add to their meat portion and eliminate a lot of wastage.

I too think your ideas are great! I don't think it's going to happen, but I like them. Now if we can only get you hired onto Carnival's design concept teams.

First of all, you totally misunderstand the freestyle concept, which has absolutely nothing to do with costs/charges.

Does freestyle swimming mean you aren't paying for it??

*sigh*

Second, NCL has MORE free venues than CCL does so I have no clue where you are coming from.

I agree, I thought NCL had more choices compared to the CCL ships that I have sailed on. We ate well on NCL and we don't pay any extra for dining. I did seriously consider it for that NCL cruise but just couldn't pay extra when there was other choices that didn't have fees.

Sounds perfect. :)

We are the "younger" crowd. We like the fine dining and all that. We like fixed time dining and the traditional cruise atmosphere. They are not attracting all the younger crowd, just the ones that only want to spend a little to go on a "booze cruise". We want the cruise experience, not a floating hotel with free booze.

That's the way CCL used to serve dinner.

All sides, sauces and gravies served individually.

1974,76,80,82 cruises .

CCL used to have a sommelier, with the tastevin on a silver chain.

On our B2B on the Glory, they had the same stuff on the menu (in the today's specials, not on the every day menu) THREE times on the 7 day, and some of them were repeats from the 2-day for us too.

Of course repeats from the 2-day on the 7-day are expected, but I'd like something besides Prime Rib on the daily specials (Hey, I like Prime Rib but I don't need it 3 times in one cruise!).

I sure hope the menu changes aren't just repeats of supposed "favorite" dishes.

Actually it was you and one other poster. Remember Kurban Fan? I always got along with you. Her and I not so much.:o

yes I do remember Kurb. I didn't agree with her all of the time (or maybe even most of the time...I forget) but I liked her.

Sorry for temporary stealing the thread.:o

It's OK. I just remember when the BIG posters weighed in and I came to agree with them or appreciated their points of view.

Now I think us "experienced" cruisers aren't quite as relevant as before....

Not saying it's a bad thing. I can always learn from other posters AND

things change at such rapid pace now. Am always welcome to new info.

(Just not the negative stuff. I mean, what hasn't changed since 2008? EVERYTHING. The prices at my diner, tailor, pet store, rent, laundry, office supplies, taxis, or they've gone under. Am just REALLY thankful I can still cruise!!!!!:))

so was there ever an "announcement" ?? I have looked at JH FB page but couldn't find anything, thanks.

When they say an announcement is coming it is usually months begore it ever gets announced.

And when it does it never lives up to the hype.

Bill

No announcement yet. When and if it does happen, we probably won't even notice it.

One of the reasons we cruise Carnival is the menus in the MDR. We like the selection of food and how they are presented. If I had to change something I would divide the MDR into semi-formal and casual.

You may actually be on something there.

One of the reasons we cruise Carnival is the menus in the MDR. We like the selection of food and how they are presented. If I had to change something I would divide the MDR into semi-formal and casual.

I agree - fantastic idea and really should not be difficult or expensive:o

From his Facebook page. "I was in a long meeting today and rangers will be some very exciting announcements soon about--- well---#you will see. I know the gaggle over on the cruise moan boards will ridicule me for saying this (am I bothered though) but there are some brilliantly exciting announcements coming soon."

Copyofth_Carnival-VIFP-Platinum_zps41db4d4e1_zps02e438c7.jpg

cfi_countdown.php?vars=1391904000,-8,ca_carnival,first%20Miracle%20cruise%20

cfi_countdown.php?vars=1396058400,-8,ca_celebrity,cruising%20the%20Pacific%20Coastal%20on%20Century