Fall Spirit Crossing 9 -25 Nov

dougburns

Wonderful pix Dieter, thanks for posting.

Pls enjoy some pix from today's Name that Tune with CD Mike Witte:

nametunedcook005_zpsbd0ce646.jpg

Ida trying to take the mike from Mike:

nametunedcook006_zps33001736.jpg

Name that Tune was very well attended:

nametunedcook007_zps224c1cff.jpg

Pix from the Pastry Cooking Demo (Moist Choc Cake with Rasberry Coulis) presented by Pastry Chef Nucup:

cook003_zpsaa1f4669.jpg

Col Wes please pass on our regards to Peter (Donna & John from Scotland) we sailed Tokyo to Anchorage on the Shadow in May. Peter was always cheerful and charming. When we donated to DEC in the UK I remembered all the wonderful staff from the Philippines who work for Silversea. Enjoying all the reports of the crossing.

We are sailing on the December 13th sailing. We will be in suite 750. I was thinking to bring a Christmas present for our butler and assistant since we are getting off the ship on December 23rd. Are the butlers generally male and the assistants female???

zgtchas, passed u'r warm regards along to Paolo who in turn sends his regards back. Paolo does not have any info on your luggage. Iwona Goodwin is no longer the cruise consultant on board, Selvaggia took her place. Iwona is no longer employed with SS.

Elginjock, will let Peter know u send warm regards.

Pre dinner cocktails in the Panorma Lounge (LtorR, Lynn, Dieter, Debbie,Wes, Ida, Emmy)

sea6pm005_zps68965646.jpg

Dinner courtesy of Paolo (Hotel Director, Spirit) in the Main Dining Room (LtoR; Ida, Wes, Steve, Barb, David, Emmy, Paolo, Lynn, Doug)

sea6pm008_zps87a0dca2.jpg

Pix from tonight’s Crew Show, first up is Peter (profiled earlier) outstanding voice:

sea6pm016_zpsf8a7188a.jpg

Pit Bull joined the Silver Spirit:

sea6pm035_zpsdff9734b.jpg

A passionate Tango:

sea6pm023_zps7d73d542.jpg

This exceptional entertainer performed both as a Lady singer then turned sideways and was a gentleman:

sea6pm030_zpse39b61d7.jpg

Edited by Colonel(Ret.)Wes

Pls enjoy some pix of our first port stop after six consecutive sea days on board the Silversea Silver Spirit. Glorious Bermuda, now sunny and 70F. Great weather for a late morning run before lunch. After lunch Doug, Lynn, Ida and I will enjoy a leisurely walk about here at St. Georges, Bermuda. Tonight is our last formal nite, Entertainment will be by the Silversea Artists, Broadway through the years.

Want to mention that last night's crew entertainment (after experiencing ten Krew Capers (entertainment given only by crew members on Regent) was absolutely the best performance by a crew at sea we've seen thus far. Bravo Spirit crew!

Looking very forward to our special wine/champagne lunch tomorrow in the Main Dining Room. We start with Bollinger Grande Arrivee 2002, then our first course Carpacio of Yellow Fin Tuna, wasabi dressing paired with Pouilly Fussee. Next we will have Terrine De Foie Gras with Port wine reduction, along with Saffron Risotto. Our main course will be Grilled Sea Bass paired with Alex Gambol Clos Vougeout 2009. Desert will be Cassata Alla Sicilian coupled with a very nice desert wine Chateau Suduirant (1996) We have twenty cruise pax that will enjoy this special lunch.

berm006_zps9fe49330.jpg

berm007_zps5f998811.jpg

berm009_zpsfe2e0f76.jpg

Thanks John, we are looking forward to a varied tasting.

Silver Spirit Crew Members profile; meet Ray & Georgiana:

bermday035_zps5586c2b0.jpg

Ray is from Giuangzhou, Canton the only crew member from China now on board.

Ray has less than two months on board the Silver Spirit (his first contract). What Ray enjoys most about working on board the Silver Spirit is serving with his fellow Reception team members and getting to see different ports with these crew friends. He also values seeing the world while working and getting the opportunity to work out at the crew gym. Ray tells us he enjoys the crew galley food, especially the Asian dishes but misses homemade dishes from his hometown (aged cow stomach cooked with radishes and carrots)

Ray is not married and lives with his parents back in China

Georgiana is from Romania.

Georgiana also has served on board the Silver Spirit for less than two months, she is working on her first Silversea contract. Georgiana likes the team oriented environment working as a member of the Reception team. She also enjoys working on a small ship. Georgiania will return home to Bucharest, when her contract is up. She is not married, and when she goes home, she will continue to live with her sister, two cats and a dog.

Pls enjoy a few pix of local St. George Bermudians:

Cheryl (passionately in love with Bermuda, touts the wonderful Bermuda Lobster)

bermday029_zpsa907b4e6.jpg

Bermudian children walking (smiling broadly)home from school in St. George:

bermday126_zps906f348e.jpg

It's Saturday and we're on the way to FLL with calm seas and mostly clear skies, as is normal on this route at this time of year. Temps right now in the high 60s, but it should be warm today and the sun worshipers should be happy campers. Last night we had to turn around and head back to Bermuda to offload a sick pax; bad case of flu with complications. We didn't pull into the port, but offloaded the guy to the pilot boat. Smooth ride all night. Wonderful news last night and long overdue IMHO. Gustavo, who has been the maitre'd in both

La Terrazza and le Champagne for some time has been promoted to Asst. Restaurant Manager effective 13 Dec. Maybe Wes can post his pic for you all. Gustavo has been with us on every cruise on this ship and he's absolutely top notch IMHO. We have the Pool BBQ tonight, so hopefully, the weather will hold. Unfortunately, tomorrow is packing day, but it's been a great cruise and we've renewed lots of friendships and met lots of great new folks. Did the sail away from our front balcony last evening with @ a dozen friends. Very interesting departure thru the narrow slot entry to the St. George harbor. Maybe Dieter will post some of his or Bob's pics. Off to breakfast now. Have a great weekend all.

Doug passed on the wonderful Gustavo promotion (to Asst. Restaurant Mgr, from Head Waiter) news at breakfast this morning. We passed our heartfelt kudos along to Gustavo. Pls enjoy this pix of Gustavo (Grey jacket) as he talks with one of the waiters serving breakfast today in La Terraza. Gustavo hails from Sao Paolo Brazil where his wife is now. Gustavo has been with Siversea over five years. What Gustavo likes best about working with Silversea is the frequent interaction with guests. He truly enjoys working with his excellent Restaurant team crew members. Gustavo’s toughest challenge is maintaining flexibility when weather sea conditions change—forcing the Restaurant team to quickly adjust table settings (e.g. when weather precludes BBQ and now pax have to eat indoors)

gustavo002_zps6ed0bacf.jpg

Pls enjoy some a very nice shot of our Siversea ship, Silver Spirit below taken while docked at St. George, Bermuda yesterday.

bermday136_zps5c3b370a.jpg

Last night was our last formal night. Our Travel Group enjoyed cocktails before dinner in the Panorama lounge, followed by a wonderful dinner in the Main Dining room. Pls enjoy some pix below: first pix below--LtoR; Pat, Dale, Ida, Lucille, Gene, Willa, Alan, Tim, Shelby, Annette, Dieter, Debbie, Steve, Barb

bermpm003_zpsaf050618.jpg

bermpm005_zps5fc17025.jpg

bermpm009_zps4e220633.jpg

Name that Tune (from 30's40's (Glenn Miller/Tommy Dorsey, et. al) pix of Barb (left) and Lucille, diligently writing their answers to a tune that cruise director Mike just played.

gustavo003_zpsa264977a.jpg

Beautiful day in Bermuda yesterday. A few random photos:

Wes "running" in his lovely yellow shoes.

Wesrunninginyellowshoes.jpg

Burns Park in St. George. Must have been named for Doug!

BurnsParkSt.jpg

Sailaway, about to exit St. George Harbor through very narrow channel.

StGeorgeHarboratsailaway.jpg

Silver Spirit exiting St. George Harbor to the Atlantic.

ExitfromStGeorgeharbor.jpg

It's been great fun following along on your trip across the Atlantic. Anxiously awaiting your arrival in FLL because that means I'm getting on board :)

Loved the photos. Some familiar faces from our Amazon trip last November. Congratulations Debbie and Dieter! That's an incredible milestone. Hello to Victoria and Bob.

Wes, your military back round shows when you can run while toting a back pack. I love to run but, I won't even carry a bottle of water! Was curious as to where you put your camera! Now I know.

I am interested to know two things. Is Ana, the International Hostess staying on? Is it possible to check to see how many passengers they expect for next segment? If any of you can find this out, I would very much appreciate it.

Enjoy the last two days of your voyage.

Thanks Dieter for posting the excellent pix of Burns Park, and sail-away from St. George.

Karaoke Queen; will ask Ana tonight how long she will remain on board, and ck with Paolo (Hotel Director) for pax load next segment.

Pls enjoy some pix taken at today’s provided special wine/champagne pairing lunch that our travel group enjoyed in the main dining room on board the Silver Spirit. Setting:

pavlunch001_zps4f92eff3.jpg

pavlunch003_zps8070c601.jpg

Menu:

pavlunch011_zpsb3caea22.jpg

Wines:

pavlunch052_zpscfec3db8.jpg

Truly outstanding Sommelier Civan serving Barbara, Alan is at far left, John to Barbara’s right

pavlunch023_zpscd5a78ab.jpg

EnglishUSA/David enjoying his fav Shiraz, as Civan prepares the bottle. Wellseasoned (at left is waiting for his fav Navy wine Ripple to be poured by Civan):

pavlunch047_zps9612fd65.jpg

It's been great fun following along on your trip across the Atlantic. Anxiously awaiting your arrival in FLL because that means I'm getting on board :)

Loved the photos. Some familiar faces from our Amazon trip last November. Congratulations Debbie and Dieter! That's an incredible milestone. Hello to Victoria and Bob.

Wes, your military back round shows when you can run while toting a back pack. I love to run but, I won't even carry a bottle of water! Was curious as to where you put your camera! Now I know.

I am interested to know two things. Is Ana, the International Hostess staying on? Is it possible to check to see how many passengers they expect for next segment? If any of you can find this out, I would very much appreciate it.

Enjoy the last two days of your voyage.

Christie, wishing you and Terry a wonderful cruise.

Wes,

Catching up on your posts as I was sailing on the symphony and returned late last week.

Bermuda is on of my all time favorite destinations as Larry and I honeymooned there and returned one more time.

Safe sails all.

Nancy