Live from the Caribbean Princess 11/09/2013

WEJEEP4FUN

Hi Everyone :

Thanks for posting, This is my first post on CC, and I'm finding it to be a great website.

Just wondering, if someone is or has been on the C.P., and has or had a mini suite,-how are you finding the comfort level of the beds? While we have been on 10+ cruises, some are good, some bad. Have read mixed reviews. Booking for 3/15 and if someone found one to be good, I'm up for trying to get that room. Thanks and Happy Sailing!:)

Belize was "interesting". Our tour was canceled because of flooding so they booked us on an alternate tour to Altun Ha. Those ruins were again spectacular.(

Which tour were you going on that as cancelled? Were are due to be going on the Lamanai Mayan ruins with Princess.

Also, with all the fog issues we are now kinda glad that we fly from IAH at 8.55pm. Hopefully that should cover most delays.

Well it was 55 this am and then should be about70....ugh I hate the back and forth I almost wish for your 35 because then at least it stays that temp and you can dress appropriately.

Are you looking for something particular with your mini-suite? I know my friends who were upgraded are particular about their cabins so she would have picked a good one I can ask her if she remembers where she originally booked..

Hi Doggiedad, I asked my friend and she said she had originally booked mini-suite on the Dolphin deck in the 400-410 area. We both like picking decks that are in between non public decks so that we have cabins above and below us, less noise if you are a light sleeper.

Below is a pick of how I have seen CB docked in Houston, so if you pick the port side you can sit on your balcony and see the dock, if you pick starboard you will have views of the water and then when we sail out Galveston will be on the starboard side as well. In case you need to know (as I didnt) even cabin #s are on the port side and odd are on the starboard.

Hope to see you on the 3/15 roll call. ;)

get-attachment.aspx?uid=28947985&folder=Sent&partId=3

Thank you for the information, Cassandra, this is our first mini suite---we usually have an inside, but decided it was time to go for at least a balcony.

The minis are priced right, so I thought I would go for it. I think I Am going to book in the area you mentioned, I know there are cabins available on deck 9, which I think is Dolphin. We have sailed twice on the Grand, and the C. Princess looks similar. Our first cruise was the Grand, and I'll never forget how impressed we were, and what a great time we had. Thanks again.

Glad I could help. If you have more questions just let me know, if I dont know I know several people who have sailed more than us and I can get some info. Please check in on our 3/15 roll call....there are some of us but we are a quite bunch so we need more to help liven us up. :D

Which tour were you going on that as cancelled? Were are due to be going on the Lamanai Mayan ruins with Princess.

We were booked for the Xunantunich ruins. However, you have to cross a river to get there and, with the rain, the river was running too high.

We were booked for the Xunantunich ruins. However, you have to cross a river to get there and, with the rain, the river was running too high.

We have a long river boat cruise to get to Lamanai so hopefully there will not be too much rain.

We have a long river boat cruise to get to Lamanai so hopefully there will not be too much rain.

Yeah, I hope so, I know the cave tubing was canceled because of high water. But, the river cruise/lunch/Altun Ha ruins tour went on. Apparently, the climb up to the lunch place was easier because the water was at the level of the dock.

Good luck.....

I am normally not one that is quick to run back and tell princess to refund stuff, but given that this instance was way out there being 3 hours late I would try contacting princess and tell them your story about barely making your flight and that if you had waited for the princess bus you would have missed it, they may refund you the transfer fare. Worth a shot and in this instance dont think that it would be wrong to ask especially since you booked your flight after the time they suggest....

As an update: After emailing our story to Princess, we received today a voice message that they will be refunding the cost of the missed transfer to our credit card. It may take a few days, according to the message, but they seem to be truly intending to refund us. Very impressed!!

I'm a big guy (OK, fat) and I find the typical showers in the cruise ship rooms to be pretty tight. The Minis have the full tub and shower combo that is much more comfortable. That, and you have a little more room to move around in. I also like a room not directly across from the elevators because you have loud people moving around through the night. Finally, I don't want to be under a public area floor. I remember on one cruise waking to the sound of deck chairs being arranged EARLY every morning! You pay more for a mini, but we wait for a good deal. I'm sure everyone has their selection criteria, but these are ours. Good luck!

As an update: After emailing our story to Princess, we received today a voice message that they will be refunding the cost of the missed transfer to our credit card. It may take a few days, according to the message, but they seem to be truly intending to refund us. Very impressed!!

That is great news. DH always says it never hurts to ask, the worst that can happen is they say no, but I am glad to hear they took care of you.