What I should know about the Grand Princess

TXRed

I know each ship has something special....what are the special things I should know about the Grand Princess.

What I know so far:

the forward observation area on the Emerald deck is covered and can be gotten to by a door marked staff only.

we choose the anytime dining but can make reservations

there are 6 cabins on the Lido deck with floor to ceiling windows (are are seriously considering one of these)

sooooooooooooo what are your specials of the Grand??

Alfredo's Pizza Parlour .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

thanks DH and son love pizza....as long as I can find salads, bread, cheese and chocolate..I am a happy camper...My DH and son will be elated!!

They took out Skywalkers and put in the One 5. Great place to sit and relax on sea days.

Hi, please explain what One 5 is.....and where it is....sitting and relaxing and reading are my DH's favorite past time. TIA

I know each ship has something special....what are the special things I should know about the Grand Princess.

What I know so far:

the forward observation area on the Emerald deck is covered and can be gotten to by a door marked staff only.

we choose the anytime dining but can make reservations

there are 6 cabins on the Lido deck with floor to ceiling windows (are are seriously considering one of these)

sooooooooooooo what are your specials of the Grand??

Regarding the forward observation areas on the Grand -

Grand Princess Viewing Areas:

On the Grand Princess, go up to the Sun Deck 15. Walk all the way forward. There are two identical small flights of stairs on port and starboard that go to the roof of the bridge. This area may or may not be unchained and open, depending on weather, wind, and speed.

Also, you can go to the Promenade Deck 7 and walk all the way forward and up the stairs to Deck 8, then all the way forward to the bow. (This is known as the “whale’s mouth”.) This area may be open or closed depending on weather, operational, or safety conditions. It is closed at night.

- - -

(The Deck 15 area is a wonderful place to be for sailing into Ensenada, going slowly into the port area.)

Hi, please explain what One 5 is.....and where it is....sitting and relaxing and reading are my DH's favorite past time. TIA

Personally, I did not miss Skywalkers at all on the Grand and I enjoyed the new One5. It is used for the Elite, Suite, and Platinum Lounge for happy hours. If you walk into it from the elevator area, go past the bar and the seating sections, turn left, and go to the aft. That is where the appetizer table is set up, and the aft view from there is quite lovely, such as when leaving Puerto Vallarta.

I second the vote for Alfredo's! Let it be clear...it's not your average american style pizza. They serve individual Neapolitan style pizza...some with not so average toppings. It's very good. Try it at least once.

Try not to get frustrated and muddled with the elevator system If you are in the main dining room on deck 6 you can only go there from one elevator and this does not go all the way back up No central lifts at all so a long wait or walk to either end of the ship to use the stairs or another elevator

Edited by windsor26

... No central lifts at all so a long wait or walk to either end of the ship to use the stairs or another elevator

If you mean that there are no central stairs that go above deck 7 ... that can be a real pain. Just have to remember to go forward or aft to go up or down.

Interesting is why they go up to deck 7-1/2 and then back down to 7 :confused:

There's a separate dining area in Crown Grill, it's a large table that seats about 12 people, We met some other CC members on board and had a great meal with some officers, if you can get a group ask for this area, it' has a great ambience and the service feels so personal.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Don't plan on wandering by the International Cafe just to see what the have and leave empty handed :eek:

They always seemed to have a tasty treat :D

While some folks have said that the soft-serve ice cream doesn't measure up to real ice cream which is probably true ...

The soft-serve chocolate was the best soft-serve chocolate i've had.

Edited by MauiLvrs

Regarding the forward observation areas on the Grand -

Grand Princess Viewing Areas:

On the Grand Princess, go up to the Sun Deck 15. Walk all the way forward. There are two identical small flights of stairs on port and starboard that go to the roof of the bridge. This area may or may not be unchained and open, depending on weather, wind, and speed.

Also, you can go to the Promenade Deck 7 and walk all the way forward and up the stairs to Deck 8, then all the way forward to the bow. (This is known as the “whale’s mouth”.) This area may be open or closed depending on weather, operational, or safety conditions. It is closed at night.

- - -

(The Deck 15 area is a wonderful place to be for sailing into Ensenada, going slowly into the port area.)

Thanks for these locations...I am making a folder to put all this in...having never sailed Princess I am excited to learn about what Priness and the Gans Princess has to offer.

I second the vote for Alfredo's! Let it be clear...it's not your average american style pizza. They serve individual Neapolitan style pizza...some with not so average toppings. It's very good. Try it at least once.

OMG that sounds PERFECT! We live in a pizza town so it will be great to have a change of pace in pizza land!!:p

Great info so far. Tagged for our 4/13 trip :)

I agree....Princess people are so nice and informative (and not sarcastic like some boards) I know it must get tedious seeing the same questions asked over and over again...but they were new cruisers or new to the cruise line at one time.. This is just GREAT and I thank everyone. I am sure I will have a lot more questions..in fact I am making a list.:D

Try not to get frustrated and muddled with the elevator system If you are in the main dining room on deck 6 you can only go there from one elevator and this does not go all the way back up No central lifts at all so a long wait or walk to either end of the ship to use the stairs or another elevator

thanks for posting this.....it will save me lots of time. We used to walk the stairs for exercise...might do it again, at least part of the time. then we won't feel so bad about indulging in dessert.

Don't plan on wandering by the International Cafe just to see what the have and leave empty handed :eek:

They always seemed to have a tasty treat :D

While some folks have said that the soft-serve ice cream doesn't measure up to real ice cream which is probably true ...

The soft-serve chocolate was the best soft-serve chocolate i've had.

opppsss that sounds dangerous....I am sure we will be frequent visitors to the International Cafe.;)

...I am sure we will be frequent visitors to the International Cafe.;)

The breakfast sandwiches were great.

One night they had sugar-free key lime tarts . yummy...

The killer was that the had varying selections of cheese at night... we tried to get just one or two to sample ;) And you would have to have a cookie to go with right?

If you exit using the door in the gym to the deck outside ... the door doesn't open from the outside (fortunately, it isn't too far aft to get back in).

One night they had killer onion rings in the HC.

Cruise through the HC and check out the deserts before dinner. Once (we wished that we had waited and grabbed desert in the HC).

Edited by MauiLvrs