Crew Customs

goldencruiser

I was wondering when the entire crew has to go through customs after completing a European tour and return to the US in Miami. Is it done on their first sailing out of the US or after a few? Also, when will the CDC be doing their inspection after return to the US. I have been on a cruise in the past when the entire crew had to go through customs. It delayed boarding for 3 hours. We are on the second sailing of the Reflection out of Miami and was hoping this will be done on the first sailing.

I was wondering when the entire crew has to go through customs after completing a European tour and return to the US in Miami. Is it done on their first sailing out of the US or after a few? Also, when will the CDC be doing their inspection after return to the US. I have been on a cruise in the past when the entire crew had to go through customs. It delayed boarding for 3 hours. We are on the second sailing of the Reflection out of Miami and was hoping this will be done on the first sailing.

They usually go through C &Iwhen they arrive after the TA. There is uaually a Coast Gurad inspection as well, but there are also surprise inspections. Always be prepared for a delay following a TA.

we also watched crew arriving one morning whilst we were held waiting to get off - not only had they gone through all the customs but when they got to the ship they had to have all their luggage checked and approved by security. They opened many cases before allowing them on.

They had to carry their own cases on and have them all scanned, opened and approved

• 2 weeks later...
Anyone get an email about the Nov 23rd sailing of Reflection? We just got one about delayed boarding and not to arrive at the port until 12:45pm. The reason being was slow customs and a Coast Guard inspection.

This is SOP with all cruises following a TA. Nothing new here. Expect delays.

Anyone get an email about the Nov 23rd sailing of Reflection? We just got one about delayed boarding and not to arrive at the port until 12:45pm. The reason being was slow customs and a Coast Guard inspection.

The 23rd is not the first cruise after the TA. They left Miami on the 16th, but I haven't heard anything about their experience yet.

Susan