Mini-Suite Perks

FishOn55

We are Elite and get the mini bar set up. I did figure it out and the price of what we got came to about $60. Which is pretty close to the 2 coffee cards we got as a trade.

Yes, I agree I think that is pretty close to the number. One thing I have never "saved" from our cruises is the replacement price list for the mini-bar. Also, I wonder if prices have very recently increased in line with the price increase for drinks in the bars.

Let me assure you that you will have no difficulty in coming to the conclusion FLAT brut champagne tastes horrible :eek:

And the cheap stuff they give as a welcome to a mini-suite has the same horrible taste even with bubbles.

Oops, sorry, sec is 'dry' demi-sec is 'half dry'...... doux is sweet.

Wouldn't want anyone to order the wrong thing. :)

Brut is very dry (literally 'crude') and probably 90% of the champagne drunk in France is brut and, in terms of taste, those of you who say you are not wine connoisseurs, let me assure you that you will have no difficulty in coming to the conclusion FLAT brut champagne tastes horrible :eek:

Of course you are completely correct; I can only claim a momentary brain lapse, and I thank for your kind and gentle correction.

You're also right about flat brut champagne. Ickl.

We are Elite and get the mini bar set up. I did figure it out and the price of what we got came to about $60. Which is pretty close to the 2 coffee cards we got as a trade.

When they first started allowing trade outs the mini bar setup was valued at about $83.

And you would get about $83 worth of drinks that you traded for.

The value dove to about a $20 bottle of wine at one point. Now with the 2 coffee cards its about as good as you will get. :rolleyes:

I very often drink champagne or champagne cocktails onboard and they are always served in flutes. They only sparkling wine I've ever seen served in coups are at the champagne waterfall. In fact, when I ask for an ice bucket and glasses for my sailaway champagne, we always get flutes.:)