Half Moon Cay? 1st time honeymoon cruisers

rianthelion

Hi there,

Does anyone that has cruised to Half Moon Cay before have any suggestions for what to do at this port? We are cruising with Carnival early next year after our wedding and are very excited, just have no idea what to expect. I am the researcher out of the two of us so I would love to hear any tips anyone experienced has! Thank you!

As we know nothing about what interests you, what budget you have, or what limitations you might have, it is very difficult to make any recommendations. If you do some reading on the board, and on the website for the cruise line you are sailing on, checking on their offered excursions, you will be able to narrow this very broad question down some.

You will find HMC is mostly a "resort beach day", with some of the standard options, like a cabana, or snorkeling, or parasailing. And a couple of unique things to HMC.

CruiserBruce, thank you for the feedback. We would love to go snorkeling at some point on the trip (would be my first time), and the other destinations are St. Thomas, San Juan and Grand Turk. My fiancé loves parasailing so that is another thing we would definitely be interested in. It is our honeymoon so we don't want to be super tight with our money but we would love to avoid booking excursions with Carnival if possible because I have heard you can book through independent companies for much cheaper, and have a great time. We are a young couple just starting out so a less expensive option would be nice if it is out there. If you have any recommendations for good companies to go parasailing or snorkeling there, let me know!

CruiserBruce, thank you for the feedback. We would love to go snorkeling at some point on the trip (would be my first time), and the other destinations are St. Thomas, San Juan and Grand Turk. My fiancé loves parasailing so that is another thing we would definitely be interested in. It is our honeymoon so we don't want to be super tight with our money but we would love to avoid booking excursions with Carnival if possible because I have heard you can book through independent companies for much cheaper, and have a great time. We are a young couple just starting out so a less expensive option would be nice if it is out there. If you have any recommendations for good companies to go parasailing or snorkeling there, let me know!

The best snorkeling on your trip will be on the Wall at Grand Turk. Don't miss that.

To book on your own (which you can't do on HMC, it is a private island), you need to do some research on each of the boards for the ports involved.

• 2 weeks later...